Build and adventure thread of "Big Red"

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Can I borrow a space in your garage for one of my Jeeps? Looks plenty big. Lol

2012 JKUR Billet Silver
2012 JK Dozer
1975 DJ5 Postal

benatc1

All done, had to redo the rear passenger as the isolator didn't stay put and the coil was rubbing the bucket on test drive 1, all good now. Overall pretty simple, need to get a lift though lol

Should settle a little but definitely cant wait to get the 37s on20190518_151337.jpeg20190518_152342.jpeg20190518_152351.jpeg20190518_151321.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

abeggs

Thinking I want to get a winch set up, being tires and suspension are staying put. I have the plastic front bumper, which doesn't seem like I can do much with. Want to keep a factoryish look for now, so thinking about trying to find a factory steel bumper if the price is right. Do those need extra winch plates or any other modifications? Will either go for a Warn Zeon 10 or a Warn VR10, assuming I do this soon

I’ve got the exact same JL... well that is if yours is a 2.0.... I just ordered the metal Rubicon bumpers (F/R) ($1,480.00) and a Rusty Off-road Winch Plat ($209.00) and a Warn 9.5 with Synthetic Rope ($589.00). Can’t wait for Brown Santa to show up

Allen B
2018 JLU- Rubicon- Firecracker Red

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

I’ve got the exact same JL... well that is if yours is a 2.0.... I just ordered the metal Rubicon bumpers (F/R) ($1,480.00) and a Rusty Off-road Winch Plat ($209.00) and a Warn 9.5 with Synthetic Rope ($589.00). Can’t wait for Brown Santa to show up

Allen B
2018 JLU- Rubicon- Firecracker Red

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Nice! Mine is a 3.6, but post up some pics when you get everything installed!

benatc1

Not much of an update but, in the middle of finding/buying a house and pre-approvals. Being self-employed is really harsh on the way they averaging my income, but either way I had to take my savings for 37s (and more) to pay a couple things off in order to get our # where we want it. Sooo, looks like I'll be skipping leg day till we get this thing done

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not much of an update but, in the middle of finding/buying a house and pre-approvals. Being self-employed is really harsh on the way they averaging my income, but either way I had to take my savings for 37s (and more) to pay a couple things off in order to get our # where we want it. Sooo, looks like I'll be skipping leg day till we get this thing done

Well that's a bummer but really, getting a house is way more important. Good luck to you :thumb: