Build and adventure thread of "Big Red"

YAHAHA

Congrats on the new Jeep. I love the red. I typically don't care for the color matched hard top but it looks good on the red Jeep.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So much awesomeness!! Unlike the JK before, I still think the JL's look really sharp bone stock and Rubicon's actually look like they've been built up a bit. :thumb:

benatc1

Congratulations. Looks great. See ya around town.
Thanks man! Sure I'll see ya out there
Beautiful JL, congrats!
Thank you
Sweet! I love the red! I really want another red one but since the JL we're getting is gonna be our DD, the wife wants a white one. I agree with Ovie - def needs a lift! :yup:
Yeah we were looking for black or white but not at in stone and ended up really liking the red we saw. Definitely looking fwd to getting it lifted!
Just wait until you start seeing all of Eddie’s pictures from SEMA and I’m sure the lift a tires happen a little sooner than expected.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Haha I'll have you talk to my wife..
Congratulations on Big Red[emoji4][emoji4], keep is posted on your build up when it happens

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Certainly will, and thank you!
Hey it’s red. Nice

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Yes it is lol
Congrats on the new Jeep. I love the red. I typically don't care for the color matched hard top but it looks good on the red Jeep.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.
Yeah I would agree, definitely a nice combo
So much awesomeness!! Unlike the JK before, I still think the JL's look really sharp bone stock and Rubicon's actually look like they've been built up a bit. :thumb:
Oh for sure. Between the 285s, fenders, and wider axles they really look pretty damn good stock. Certainly, better with lift and 37s though lol.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

Thinking I want to get a winch set up, being tires and suspension are staying put. I have the plastic front bumper, which doesn't seem like I can do much with. Want to keep a factoryish look for now, so thinking about trying to find a factory steel bumper if the price is right. Do those need extra winch plates or any other modifications? Will either go for a Warn Zeon 10 or a Warn VR10, assuming I do this soon

Saddletramp

Looks awesome, that red is always a great Jeep color, :thumb:.

Always was a black top/fender contrast guy but I think the JL's look awesome with the color matched set.

WiscoHR

Thinking I want to get a winch set up, being tires and suspension are staying put. I have the plastic front bumper, which doesn't seem like I can do much with. Want to keep a factoryish look for now, so thinking about trying to find a factory steel bumper if the price is right. Do those need extra winch plates or any other modifications? Will either go for a Warn Zeon 10 or a Warn VR10, assuming I do this soon

Think you just have to get a winch plate for the steel bumper.

Four Flusher

Just looked it up, that which plate is pretty pricey, so maybe if I came across a good deal on the steel bumper id go this route otherwise I may just wait it out

I was in the same boat. I planned on buying a used steel bumper but adding a winch plate and bull bar would surely put the cost over a LOD Destroyer. I bought mine for less than $700 if I don't count the skid plate that I'll never install. Plus, super easy install and even with a Zeon 10S I only lost about 1/2".

benatc1

I was in the same boat. I planned on buying a used steel bumper but adding a winch plate and bull bar would surely put the cost over a LOD Destroyer. I bought mine for less than $700 if I don't count the skid plate that I'll never install. Plus, super easy install and even with a Zeon 10S I only lost about 1/2".
Yeah it'll add up fast, might hold off and see other options hit the market. LOD makes awesome stuff but just want to see some more options before I pull the trigger

benatc1

Nice! Where’d you go?

Drove part way up hunter lake trail, it's right out of Reno, on the mt rose wilderness side. Cool trail in the summer if you go all the way through. Let my dog run around in the snow for awhile but it was snowing and blowing so hard I almost lost him for a bit lol. JL really did work though climing up everything In the snow that was fairly slick, wasn't to deep yet but be curious to see how much the high elevations got

Spack

Drove part way up hunter lake trail, it's right out of Reno, on the mt rose wilderness side. Cool trail in the summer if you go all the way through. Let my dog run around in the snow for awhile but it was snowing and blowing so hard I almost lost him for a bit lol. JL really did work though climing up everything In the snow that was fairly slick, wasn't to deep yet but be curious to see how much the high elevations got

Nice. Was planning on heading up there before it got too much snow as I’ve never been there before. It’s on my to do list for around town.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Lol white dog problems. I was over there quick on Friday and was thinking it would be more fun in a Jeep.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Checked out some of the snow today, was coming down pretty good for awhile, first time the JL went off road too. Really impressed with it

Awesome! So bummed we missed the snow being that we were down in LA but glad to see you got out in it.

benatc1

Nice. Was planning on heading up there before it got too much snow as I’ve never been there before. It’s on my to do list for around town.

It's pretty straight fwd once your up there, but was a little tough yesterday cause visibility was so low. Doubt there is more than a few inches until you get much higher
Lol white dog problems. I was over there quick on Friday and was thinking it would be more fun in a Jeep.

Exactly lol.. always more fun in a Jeep, let me know next time you pop over we can try to grab lunch
Awesome! So bummed we missed the snow being that we were down in LA but glad to see you got out in it.
Good news is more should be coming next week, might shape out to be a good winter in this keeps up

benatc1

Starting to think about lift options, ultimately want to be on a coil over/LA set-up, but don't want to wait the time it'll take to save, to get a little higher. Always loved the evo enforcer with kings on my JK, but not sure I want to spend that money either being ill eventually upgrade.

Certainly tire size will be 37s and will eventually "trim" the fenders. So a 2" may be enough for now, any thoughts on this from your experiences?

Seeing a lot of good feed back on the dynatrac and Rancho 2" so may start with one of those as I'm ok with not having to upgrade driveline yet, or control arms unless
I feel a need.

About a 500$ difference between the 2 but I do believe both are worth what they are priced at.

Curious what you all think?