Any reviews or opinions on Rancho Front Diff Skid

Shaneheberlein

Jesus fucking Christ. Looks like your dad fucked your sister. That thing should have been aborted. Just cause you have a welder, doesn’t mean you can fab.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

You girls like to criticize a lot for shit you know nothing about. I see why this forum has minimal info. And a cult following. Good luck to anyone who listens to anything you comment on

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

benatc1

Having seen this come loose first hand it's not something you want to have happen for obvious and stated reasons. Curious to see if or when more people have issues or if they even document them. If it had happened to me once I probably would do a skid too just for the assurance. Just got a JL and that red skid just might look cool on my all red jeep

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
Having seen this come loose first hand it's not something you want to have happen for obvious and stated reasons. Curious to see if or when more people have issues or if they even document them. If it had happened to me once I probably would do a skid too just for the assurance. Just got a JL and that red skid just might look cool on my all red jeep

Exactly. Not worth the risk. Anybody with a brain would see that the addition of Rancho's glide plate is better than having a drain plug come loose. Unless you can avoid that scenario by being pictured in a magazine :crazyeyes:

benatc1

Exactly. Not worth the risk. Anybody with a brain would see that the addition of Rancho's glide plate is better than having a drain plug come loose. Unless you can avoid that scenario by being pictured in a magazine :crazyeyes:
Well you know how assumptions work, I understand the argument of ground clearance but what difference does it make if your diff goes into the toaster because you ran dry. In sports they say the best ability is a availability

JTCO

Meme King
It's been mentioned that there is a ground clearance loss after Skid is added. I can't imagine that it would be much or enough to be concerned about , but out of curiosity how much clearance is lost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

It's made from .250 steel. Looking at the pictures, it appears that it doesn't sit much lower than .250 below the pumpkin. So probably about .500 (half inch) of clearance lost I'm guessing. Hopefully someone that has one can provide the actual measurements.

IMG_20181021_190032_545.jpg

Maxcustody

After watching the video, I am looking at them.............would be nice to get info from Eddie and a video.:D:D:thumb:

VitaMeVas

Is Rancho the only one making a front skid for this? I had heard EVO was coming up with something. Anyone else. Just looking into options.

NFRs2000NYC

The only way I can see the design of this looking better is AEV does a stamped version that hugs the diff housing so that it just blends in completely. With welded sheet steel, you're kind of limited on the design front. :crazyeyes: