Any reviews or opinions on Rancho Front Diff Skid

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's made from .250 steel. Looking at the pictures, it appears that it doesn't sit much lower than .250 below the pumpkin. So probably about .500 (half inch) of clearance lost I'm guessing. Hopefully someone that has one can provide the actual measurements.

Man, don't know where I've been but just saw this now and yes, you are correct. AT MOST, we're talking about .25" or maybe a hair more of lost ground clearance. Essentially, the thickness of the steel plate.

After watching the video, I am looking at them.............would be nice to get info from Eddie and a video.:D:D:thumb:

Got an install video of this coming soon. :yup:

The only way I can see the design of this looking better is AEV does a stamped version that hugs the diff housing so that it just blends in completely. With welded sheet steel, you're kind of limited on the design front. :crazyeyes:

That would be ideal but the cost of tooling would make it prohibitive to do. They'd have to be assured a HUGE amount of sales and/or steep mark up to make it worth it and I just don't see that happening.

Paint it black and don't look at it.

Pretty much what my plan of action is gonna be :)

JAGS

Man, don't know where I've been but just saw this now and yes, you are correct. AT MOST, we're talking about .25" or maybe a hair more of lost ground clearance. Essentially, the thickness of the steel plate.

Got an install video of this coming soon. :yup:

That would be ideal but the cost of tooling would make it prohibitive to do. They'd have to be assured a HUGE amount of sales and/or steep mark up to make it worth it and I just don't see that happening.

Pretty much what my plan of action is gonna be :)

The Rancho diff skid is on my list, especially being I plan to keep my Rubi axles as long as possible.

The install vid will be handy. [emoji41]

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Rancho diff skid is on my list, especially being I plan to keep my Rubi axles as long as possible.

The install vid will be handy. [emoji41]

I'm going to be installing the Rancho front diff skid in the next 2 weeks. Install video could be helpful.

To be honest, the install is super easy and the video really isn't necessary but I will try to get it up as soon as I can :yup:

JAGS

To be honest, the install is super easy and the video really isn't necessary but I will try to get it up as soon as I can :yup:

You do realize who you’re talking to, right? Lol. [emoji23][emoji23] I’m sure it’s easy enough as I believe it’s only a few bolts. [emoji106]