Underbody lights

Supercharged

I ordered some led lights to go under the Jeep. I want to wire them up to the dome light circuit to illuminate with the doors open. Does anyone have knowledge of the wire harness and maybe a good place to tap in on each side?

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Supercharged

JTCO

Meme King
Good idea, then I can turn them on without the dome light as well. I haven't done any wiring in a while, going to have to read up on how to wire this stuff up. The springs and shocks were probably easier. Thanks for the tip.

We wired my wife's JK into the dome light circuit. We did that so at night if she approaches the vehicle, she can illuminate it underneath with the unlock button on the key fob.

Supercharged

We wired my wife's JK into the dome light circuit. We did that so at night if she approaches the vehicle, she can illuminate it underneath with the unlock button on the key fob.
Doing it for combination if safety on approach and so my older son can see to climb in and us to get our 5 year old in. He requires 100% assistance due to special needs and severe developmental delays. So it's easier with his equipment, etc.

gonefirefighting

Depending on what lights and how many you get they will all typically draw between 2.5 to 5 amps if all wired on the same circuit. If wiring to the dome light you will definitely need to wire in a fused relay. You may also want to wire in a switch so you can use the rock light at night when wheeling so they can come on without your dome lights.

There are a myriad of 8 and 10 piece LED sets on Amazon for 80-100 bucks.