Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JL MOPAR Aftermarket Parts Revealed at SEMA 2017

Quote Originally Posted by WJCO View Post
    If he makes them more affordable, he might actually have a chance.
    Thatís a big one. And stand by your stuff. Donít sell something as mopar then blame the mopar cold air intake for the motor blowing and void the warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

So was there plan for a sema release to try and get people to push and buy aftermarket products from them? Iím a little confused by the release of the JL at sema. Granted it wasnít a huge release like LA will be but still a little weird.

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    So was there plan for a sema release to try and get people to push and buy aftermarket products from them? Iím a little confused by the release of the JL at sema. Granted it wasnít a huge release like LA will be but still a little weird.

I think theyíre playing catch-up on getting real publicity going for the JL. Iím sure they wanted to get a jump at being first especially knowing that pics would be leaked from the photo shoot in New Zealand.

Regarding parts, yes, Mopar wants to be thought of as being the company that make better parts and ones that people should want to buy.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I think theyíre playing catch-up on getting real publicity going for the JL. Iím sure they wanted to get a jump at being first especially knowing that pics would be leaked from the photo shoot in New Zealand.

Regarding parts, yes, Mopar wants to be thought of as being the company that make better parts and ones that people should want to buy.

The soft launch totally makes sense. Build some pre buzz and get early adopters and supporters interested prior to the auto show.

What I don't get is essentially the full release and pics in other parts of the world. Has Jeep/FCA not heard of the thing called the Internet?

Mopar will make a ton of money off the entry buyers who just want a cool looking Jeep around town. Will be very interesting how they maneuver the warranty aspect as adam said.

Thatís a big one. And stand by your stuff. Donít sell something as mopar then blame the mopar cold air intake for the motor blowing and void the warranty.

True

Yep. Totally agreed. If they're going to sell this shit at the dealer's, man up and stand behind it.

Hooked
    I would totally be behind Mopar parts if they were up to snuff with the rest of the aftermarket, and were covered under warranty if installed by a dealer. If thatís not the case, then why would anybody in their right mind go with Mopar for the kind of money they charge when there are so many better options out there?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by AllAmericanInfidel View Post
    I would totally be behind Mopar parts if they were up to snuff with the rest of the aftermarket, and were covered under warranty if installed by a dealer. If thatís not the case, then why would anybody in their right mind go with Mopar for the kind of money they charge when there are so many better options out there?
    Exactly! Even now, knowing lesser quality, itís a close-ish call if they would stand behind a warranty. But I still canít handle a terraflex part, no matter what.

Caught the Bug
    Good luck Pietro. While some of these look nice, they need to stand behind the warranty, and be competitive on price. Also, build a better product that people actually want. The new 'beadlock ready?" wheels look great, but will they have backspace to run larger tires without rubbing? The rock rails mount the way JK side steps do, and are likely to flex into the body.

It's a step in the right direction, but if Pietro is serious, they need to make a few leaps across the "jump to conclusions" mat. I'm still impressed that they are trying. Things like aux power buttons, rear power for coolers, wider rubicon axles, and aftermarket offroad catered parts. They haven't forgotten about us.

Fresh Catch
    Is that a big brake kit? Are you freaking kidding me. Please tell Jeep is putting better stock brakes on the JL and these kits won't be needed. Big tires or not all four of the JKs I've owned the brakes are horrible.