Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 or Turbo

Fresh Catch
    I just bought a 2019 Rubicon with the 2.0l, loved the it drove and after having had over 8 turbo powered cars in the family over the years, not one ever had a turbo related issue, I feel good with choice, time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    Hi all, I am a new poster to the forums and thought this may be the place to share. I currently own a 2015 JK Sport and in November I ordered a JL Rubi. The jeep showed up at the dealership last week and I like it a lot. The JK was in a wreck (4th wreck) I have three teen age boys and I don't think I am going to try and rehab it. I decided to go buy another new Jeep and the entirety of the inventory was the 2.0. The dealership I do business with is River Oaks Jeep in Houston and they are the largest dealer in Texas and they claim to be one of the five largest by volume dealers in the US.

The dealership says that they can't get the 3.6 without having a customer special order them. If I want a 3.6, I have to order the Jeep and the factory is telling them the wait could be up to 3 months.
    The reason for this is because that is the engogoing into the JT. I ordered my JL with the 3.6 and was told 6-8 weeks.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by smokinjeep View Post
    The reason for this is because that is the engogoing into the JT. I ordered my JL with the 3.6 and was told 6-8 weeks.

The only reason it isn't going into the JT is because the 48V battery won't fit due to the truck bed. and a few other items that needed to be shifted around. They tried their best to make it work, and aren't done yet. With some re-engineering they might get it into the JT in the next year or two.
    Last edited by Crusifix; 03-22-2019 at 05:43 AM.

Fresh Catch

3.6 or Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Crusifix View Post
    The only reason it isn't going into the JT is because the 40V battery won't fit due to the truck bed. and a few other items that needed to be shifted around. They tried their best to make it work, and aren't done yet. With some re-engineering they might get it into the JT in the next year or two.
    Several articles, noted on this forum, stated a reason the 2.0 turbo not offered on the JT was because the 3.6 was better suited for temperatures seen while towing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cne...ine-heres-why/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aut...ne.html/%3famp
    2018 JLU Silver Sahara

I just ordered a 3.6. Thanks for yaílls input. Biggest reasons being that it sounds better in my opinion, it takes regular fuel, tried and true, slow either way, and it performs perfectly for me.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCo View Post
    Bought a 3.6 8spd auto. Love the way it drives. The fact that the JT wonít have the 2.0 turbo motor as an option says something to me. Jeep says the 3.6 is better suited to handle the towing the JT is rated for. I donít plan to tow but that makes me believe the 3.6 is a more durable motor when pushed...
    I have the 2.0T Sport. It really is the only choice for me. Since I already have a Rubicon TJ. Really love the inline 2.0T. With Shell 93 octane this is what I'm getting. I've never had a Jeep get even 20 mpg, so for me it's nice.20190502_093133.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G930V using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

I have the 2.0 and run unleaded. No premium required. Zippy motor and 20 mpg.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Fresh Catch

3.6 or Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    I have the 2.0T Sport. It really is the only choice for me. Since I already have a Rubicon TJ. Really love the inline 2.0T. With Shell 93 octane this is what I'm getting. I've never had a Jeep get even 20 mpg, so for me it's nice.20190502_093133.jpeg

Yep my 3.6 is getting well over 20mpg too. I was surprised. Most Jeeps on the lots around here only have 2.0 and so people who donít order have little choice. Glad you are as happy with yours as I am with my 3.6!
    Last edited by SouthCo; 05-03-2019 at 03:07 AM.
    2018 JLU Silver Sahara

Yup. Strange that the manual was only available for the 3.6. Oh well. 8 speed works well but I've heard good things about the new 6spd. Cheers.

2018 JL Sport Unlimited Ocean Blue Metallic
    2004 TJ Rubicon Flame Red
    2000 XJ Cherokee Sport Black
    1998 XJ Cherokee Limited Gunmetal Pearl

Concerning the 8spd auto....
    IMO shifting and loadtransfer is a bit rough when rolling at about 20-30mph and traffic is accelerating extremely slow. I cant even surely tell if the transmisson temperature effects it

Talking about my 3.6, its awesome but I havent driven the 2.0 turbo. Power to displacement ratio made me choose the 3.6 since I think it holds up longer without overhaul

Mr.Giant - '92 YJ
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR
    Last edited by MrGiant; 05-02-2019 at 11:28 PM.
    Mr.Giant - '92 YJ, Flat Black
    Giant 2 - '18 JLUR, Bright White

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast