Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 3.6 or Turbo

Which engine to choose?

Is there an article about choosing an engine type here?
    3.6 liter engine
    or
    The engine is 2 liters turbo

And another question
    Do alpha produce the motors in JL

Fresh Catch
    Lots of good info online; and lots of crap. You'll have to do the research.

Here is a start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QzXTpul1mSM

Fresh Catch
    2018 JLU Silver Sahara

Quote Originally Posted by Nissan View Post
    Is there an article about choosing an engine type here?
    3.6 liter engine
    or
    The engine is 2 liters turbo

And another question
    Do alpha produce the motors in JL
    Merged here.

Took my 2.0 in some pretty heavy mud and some decent climbs and Creek crossings this past weekend and man talk about impressive power. You can either go easy with tons of torque or hammer it and get an explosion of power for wheel speed. Super happy and can't wait to hit the dunes in the summer.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I got the 3.6 and glad I did.........motor has been around for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    If it wasn't for the 48V system, I wouldn't even look at the diesel or the 3.6. However, having a system like that, in a vehicle that's going to get beaten up on rocks, AND the system isn't built by Honda or Toyota, it's enough to keep me away. They are STILL having issues with hot 8.4" touchscreens, rebooting clusters, etc, so it's not for me. The fact that they added ESS and the dual battery setup is a real bummer as well.

Alfa ??

The question is
    Has FIAT touched the new engines
    Or that the engines are still manufactured in the United States
    Last edited by Nissan; 02-27-2019 at 11:05 PM.

Fresh Catch
    Hi all, I am a new poster to the forums and thought this may be the place to share. I currently own a 2015 JK Sport and in November I ordered a JL Rubi. The jeep showed up at the dealership last week and I like it a lot. The JK was in a wreck (4th wreck) I have three teen age boys and I don't think I am going to try and rehab it. I decided to go buy another new Jeep and the entirety of the inventory was the 2.0. The dealership I do business with is River Oaks Jeep in Houston and they are the largest dealer in Texas and they claim to be one of the five largest by volume dealers in the US.

The dealership says that they can't get the 3.6 without having a customer special order them. If I want a 3.6, I have to order the Jeep and the factory is telling them the wait could be up to 3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    Hi all, I am a new poster to the forums and thought this may be the place to share. I currently own a 2015 JK Sport and in November I ordered a JL Rubi. The jeep showed up at the dealership last week and I like it a lot. The JK was in a wreck (4th wreck) I have three teen age boys and I don't think I am going to try and rehab it. I decided to go buy another new Jeep and the entirety of the inventory was the 2.0. The dealership I do business with is River Oaks Jeep in Houston and they are the largest dealer in Texas and they claim to be one of the five largest by volume dealers in the US.

The dealership says that they can't get the 3.6 without having a customer special order them. If I want a 3.6, I have to order the Jeep and the factory is telling them the wait could be up to 3 months.
    The 3.6 is the majority engine of choice for reasons explained in the comments of this thread, I am not one to shy away from new technology so I went for the 2.0 and so far love it. Like anything else new only time will tell if there are any major issues that could pop up.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast