Might be doing a thing

benatc1

Short story, might be getting wife a JL in the next couple days if we can swap enough around and make it all work. Will be trading in the JK and it will be her daily driver but still a weekend warrior once I can get a little work into it. Lots to still sort out but here a few things.

People thoughts on the 2.0 vs the 3.6? will have the 8speed auto either way

Would love the Rubicon for all the reasons, but maybe a bit to pricey depending on where everything lines up, so well see,

either way, looking at all packages. Wife wants a nice interior so from what I can tell that's a sport s with options or a Sahara, (or Rubicon for that matter). Itll still find trails, and I'm happy to invest money in it next spring/summer but wouldn't have as much capability for a bit. This would become our weekender only in probably 2-3 years so then its build away. Curious people thoughts on which way to go? considering cost is a concern. Though I've seen optioned sports and more more basic Rubicons not to far off in price.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Four Flusher

I drove to Boise and saved $8K of MSRP, beyond that, love my Unlimited Rubicon V6 auto, added dual top sold the softy for $2K, info's a must and cold weather, skipped lights and steel bumper, wish I'd ordered tow package, GL

benatc1

I drove to Boise and saved $8K of MSRP, beyond that, love my Unlimited Rubicon V6 auto, added dual top sold the softy for $2K, info's a must and cold weather, skipped lights and steel bumper, wish I'd ordered tow package, GL
Thanks for the reply, I may look outside of town too to save $. Are the basic lights on the JL better than the JK lights?

NFRs2000NYC

I loved the v6 in the JL, paired with the 8 speed, it was fantastic. The 2.0 is probably even better, but I really don't like the complication of the 48v system. If it were my money, as much as I'd want the turbo motor, I'd probably lean towards the v6 because of the electronics.

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
I also travel to Idaho for what I considered to be a worthwhile savings. I also got a hell of a lot more on my trade in than I would have gotten locally. I'm very happy with the V-6 as it is tried-and-true. That said, if my wife doesn't go with the Grand Cherokee, she's considering Turbo JLR.

WiscoHR

I got my Rubicon pretty loaded up. Leather, infotainment, led, cold weather, tow, dual tops, and proximity keys. The 3 options that I like the most are the leds, cold weather group (the heated steering wheel is great) and proximity keys.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JAGS

After seeing Eddie’s JL in person, you got the itch. [emoji41][emoji106] Totally worth going JL if you can swing it. Hard not to suggest the Rubicon.

Are the basic lights on the JL better than the JK lights?

Yes, they are better than JK, hands down. If I had to put a percent on, I’d say at least 50% better than stock JK.

Are they LEDs, nope. Not bright white and not as good a throw as LEDs.

It’s $895 and probably worth it. I don’t regret my decision, but I might have been better off going with LED package and then swapping the taillights to non/other tail LEDs down the road.

Everyone will spend the $900 of your money. Even the guy who doesn’t have AC, [emoji6]. There are more options coming to aftermarket already to upgrade stock JL lights.

Hope it works out for you!!

Bueller44

LED Group and the Towing Group are a must - towing group if only for the fact that you get the auxiliary switches (and larger alternator and battery)

benatc1

I loved the v6 in the JL, paired with the 8 speed, it was fantastic. The 2.0 is probably even better, but I really don't like the complication of the 48v system. If it were my money, as much as I'd want the turbo motor, I'd probably lean towards the v6 because of the electronics.
Yeah I think there are benefits to both but I do like bow the 3.6 is something I'm used to working on
I also travel to Idaho for what I considered to be a worthwhile savings. I also got a hell of a lot more on my trade in than I would have gotten locally. I'm very happy with the V-6 as it is tried-and-true. That said, if my wife doesn't go with the Grand Cherokee, she's considering Turbo JLR.
I saw great deals up there and upon inquiring i was very optimistic but they came back today with significantly lower trade value than locally, hopefully working a deal out tomorrow afternoon, so well see.
I have the 2.0 in mine. It’s a Rubicon so it has 4.10 gears. I wish I would have gotten the led package and the accessory switch package also.

Yeah I really like the LED package and the switch set up is a nice built in addition

Carson city has a nice sting grey Rubicon in stock.

I saw that, everyone's Rubicons are flying off the lots up here. Partly I think because some of the sports are listed in the mid 40s, so at that point you might as well buy a nicer set up
Consensus over here is def get the LED light package.
LEDs defenitly blow away the factory lights
I got my Rubicon pretty loaded up. Leather, infotainment, led, cold weather, tow, dual tops, and proximity keys. The 3 options that I like the most are the leds, cold weather group (the heated steering wheel is great) and proximity keys.

Sounds like a great set up, way to hold nothing back!
After seeing Eddie’s JL in person, you got the itch. [emoji41][emoji106] Totally worth going JL if you can swing it. Hard not to suggest the Rubicon.

Yes, they are better than JK, hands down. If I had to put a percent on, I’d say at least 50% better than stock JK.

Are they LEDs, nope. Not bright white and not as good a throw as LEDs.

It’s $895 and probably worth it. I don’t regret my decision, but I might have been better off going with LED package and then swapping the taillights to non/other tail LEDs down the road.

Everyone will spend the $900 of your money. Even the guy who doesn’t have AC, [emoji6]. There are more options coming to aftermarket already to upgrade stock JL lights.

Hope it works out for you!!
Thanks for the feedback man, hopefully we can get it sorted out tomorrow. Hope your doing well man and will see you soon
LED Group and the Towing Group are a must - towing group if only for the fact that you get the auxiliary switches (and larger alternator and battery)
Yeah towing group certainly seems worth it, thanks for the feedback

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Short story, might be getting wife a JL in the next couple days if we can swap enough around and make it all work. Will be trading in the JK and it will be her daily driver but still a weekend warrior once I can get a little work into it. Lots to still sort out but here a few things.

People thoughts on the 2.0 vs the 3.6? will have the 8speed auto either way

Would love the Rubicon for all the reasons, but maybe a bit to pricey depending on where everything lines up, so well see,

either way, looking at all packages. Wife wants a nice interior so from what I can tell that's a sport s with options or a Sahara, (or Rubicon for that matter). Itll still find trails, and I'm happy to invest money in it next spring/summer but wouldn't have as much capability for a bit. This would become our weekender only in probably 2-3 years so then its build away. Curious people thoughts on which way to go? considering cost is a concern. Though I've seen optioned sports and more more basic Rubicons not to far off in price.

Been out of town and just now catching up on things - AWESOME!! :rock:

I see there have been a lot of great responses already but let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to help out with. :yup:

benatc1

Congrats!!!

Bam! That didn’t take long. Congratulations!

Congrats! Looks great.
Thanks guys, really happy everything worked out for us, wife got a great daily and we got an awesome jeep. I'll get some more pics up tomorrow!