TIME for a PROROCK 44? : JL Wrangler Rubicon with a Broken Front Axle Housing

JTCO

Meme King
We’ve been getting lots of calls on this, and JLWrangler/Wayalife has been great supporters so we want to give this audience the first look at the new ProRock 44 for the Jeep JL. We just finished these product photos today in preparation for the SEMA Show.

The ProRock 44 for the JL will be available before the end of year (maybe even sooner). The ProRock 44 will come with new inner US-made chromoly axleshafts and the front-axle disconnect is completely eliminated. The axle housing will accept ring and pinion gears and lockers from a JK because the JK parts have proven durability and there are lots of options available. And of course it features our patented ProRock design that gives it the most ground clearance in the industry. Just like all Dynatrac axle housings, this is 100% made in the USA!

Let us know what you think!

It's beautiful as usual. A few questions if you're able to answer at this time.

1) I noticed the track bar bracket isn't raised. Is that unnecessary on the JL or is that an option of a customer wanted one?
2) Regarding the missing FAD, can the axle just be bolted in with no issues or does something need to be done with the existing FAD circuit wiring?
3) The ball joints. OEM or a new type of ProSteer?

Rgk401

We’ve been getting lots of calls on this, and JLWrangler/Wayalife has been great supporters so we want to give this audience the first look at the new ProRock 44 for the Jeep JL. We just finished these product photos today in preparation for the SEMA Show.

The ProRock 44 for the JL will be available before the end of year (maybe even sooner). The ProRock 44 will come with new inner US-made chromoly axleshafts and the front-axle disconnect is completely eliminated. The axle housing will accept ring and pinion gears and lockers from a JK because the JK parts have proven durability and there are lots of options available. And of course it features our patented ProRock design that gives it the most ground clearance in the industry. Just like all Dynatrac axle housings, this is 100% made in the USA!

View attachment 6314

I’ll take one!!!

Dynatrac

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
It's beautiful as usual. A few questions if you're able to answer at this time.

1) I noticed the track bar bracket isn't raised. Is that unnecessary on the JL or is that an option of a customer wanted one?
2) Regarding the missing FAD, can the axle just be bolted in with no issues or does something need to be done with the existing FAD circuit wiring?
3) The ball joints. OEM or a new type of ProSteer?

Ok weren't prepared with all the answers since they are still being written for SEMA, but here goes.

Trac-Bar Bracket Options - Since no product exists (that we know of) to correct the drag link mounting position, we are holding off on a raised Trac-bar bracket. I am sure it will happen, but if the trac-bar is raised, then steering correction is necessary. JL lift kit options are also still pretty fresh for 3-plus inches of lift. We think they need to settle down and mature before we create a bracket.

FAD removal - The FAD device can be removed from the car with your old axle. Just disconnect the harness, cover the connector to keep it clean and dry, and tie it up and out of the way. If the light on the dash is a big deal for you, there are 2 programmers on the market to turn off the light.

We are not ready to announce any new Ball Joint products at this time.

JTCO

Meme King
Ok weren't prepared with all the answers since they are still being written for SEMA, but here goes.

Trac-Bar Bracket Options - Since no product exists (that we know of) to correct the drag link mounting position, we are holding off on a raised Trac-bar bracket. I am sure it will happen, but if the trac-bar is raised, then steering correction is necessary. JL lift kit options are also still pretty fresh for 3-plus inches of lift. We think they need to settle down and mature before we create a bracket.

FAD removal - The FAD device can be removed from the car with your old axle. Just disconnect the harness, cover the connector to keep it clean and dry, and tie it up and out of the way. If the light on the dash is a big deal for you, there are 2 programmers on the market to turn off the light.

Good enough for me. Thank you.

NotInStock

What is the difference between the PR44 for JL and PR44 for JK?? When I replace my JK with a JL can i migrate my PR44 over?? I am assuming not but just wanted to ask...

13_gecko_rubi

There is a high steering drag link out now but only 1

You cannot unhook the FAD harness and tie it up without a programmer. You can unhook the entire motor and tie it up. If u just unhook the connector it will go into limp.

I can't tell for sure but looks like you made different end forgings to support the JL outters?

Sent via....

Dynatrac

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
What is the difference between the PR44 for JL and PR44 for JK?? When I replace my JK with a JL can i migrate my PR44 over?? I am assuming not but just wanted to ask...

Great question! Only the gears and diff will transfer over for sure. Which will help some folks. The brackets and End Forgings are very different from JK. All Dynatrac JK and JL End Forgings are much stronger, and made from 100% US-made steel, and 100% American labor. As with our current ProRock 44, it is a true US-made product. No BS like "Assembled in USA from Global Parts". We believe in going all the way for American made. Always have, always will.

There are other differences including axle shaft lengths. JL's are wider than JK and also made to 2 different axle widths. JL Rubicon is slightly wider than JL Sport and JL Sahara. We will be providing axle shafts to go with each ProRock 44.

LauraRose

I've watched all of your YouTube videos and see the amazing ingenuity, engineering & craftsmanship that goes into your designs...I don't think I've ever seen more perfect welds!! Each axle is work of art...

View attachment 6314
I've watched your YouTube videos and appreciate the ingenuity, engineering & craftsmanship that go into your designs... also, I don't think I've ever seen more perfect welds!! Each axle is work of art!

Laura Rose from PA

Last edited:

Sean K.

Seems to be turd polishing....just do the ProRock 60 (or another 60) and be done with it. Cheaper to do it right once, rather than wrong once, then right.

JTCO

Meme King
Seems to be turd polishing....just do the ProRock 60 (or another 60) and be done with it. Cheaper to do it right once, rather than wrong once, then right.

Huh? The ProRock 44 is a damn good badass axle. Why would most Jeep owners need a 60? Especially "another 60?" How many ProRock 44s have you broken or seen break? I've seen zero.

Sean K.

Huh? The ProRock 44 is a damn good badass axle. Why would most Jeep owners need a 60? Especially "another 60?" How many ProRock 44s have you broken or seen break? I've seen zero.

B/c in the grand scheme of things, the 60 isn't that much more expensive....especially if you build your own. It's stronger, period. This is coming from a guy who built a couple of different 1/2 ton axles with 300M, etc and finally just bit the bullet and built 60s from there on out. There's no comparison.

JTCO

Meme King
B/c in the grand scheme of things, the 60 isn't that much more expensive....especially if you build your own. It's stronger, period. This is coming from a guy who built a couple of different 1/2 ton axles with 300M, etc and finally just bit the bullet and built 60s from there on out. There's no comparison.

Have you ever owned a ProRock? Don't get me wrong, gear size is a certain factor depending on application, but the ProRock 44 housing is unmatched. I'd take a PR44 housing over a plain Jane 60 housing anyday. Just because a 60 runs a bigger gearset, the Dynatrac ProRock housing is strong as fuck. I can't imagine most jeepers would need anything more.

Sean K.

Have you ever owned a ProRock? Don't get me wrong, gear size is a certain factor depending on application, but the ProRock 44 housing is unmatched. I'd take a PR44 housing over a plain Jane 60 housing anyday. Just because a 60 runs a bigger gearset, the Dynatrac ProRock housing is strong as fuck. I can't imagine most jeepers would need anything more.

Nope.

The housing isn't the problem. D60's generally break axle shafts first, then ring/pinions...and usually only r&ps if they're running alloy shafts/joints..and even then, it's still usually just axles. The 44 has a smaller r&p and much smaller shafts/joints. Granted, I'm talking at least 1.5" 35 spline inners and outers for the 60.

How many 60s have you run?

Doesn't matter what I say at this point...it will come across as elitist, so I'll say this: I view forums as places where we can all learn from each other and hopefully avoid mistakes by having the people who made them relate their experience. I've wasted the money building custom half tons that just don't hold up to the abuse a 60 will. I was simply trying to impart that knowledge to save you guys some serious money in the long run (selling the half tons usually nets a hefty loss in the initial price paid).. But whatever....it's your guy's money and choice. I'm just saying that if/when my wife grenades her JLUR's front axle....we're stabbing a 60 or better in it. Considering the typical cost of a fully built Dynatrac PR44, I'd wager I can build a fairly custom D60 for the same or less money that is much stronger and rated to handle much larger tires with hydro assist or better steering.....

All that said, I just looked at a JK front housing only for a Dynatrac PR44. $2300 isn't too bad provided you can set up your own gears and it's a bolt-in direct swap. From that standpoint, if you busted the front end like pictured in this thread, ~$3K with chromoly shafts isn't crazy...but I'm betting it will have to be significantly higher priced for the JL b/c of the replacement of the gears and locker ....but now you're up to half the price of a 60 with upgraded inner/outer knuckles & arms, custom center, chromo shafts, 35 spline outers, locker, gears, master install, 3/4T discs etc....but that's doing a lot of the work yourself too. And then there's the 8 lug conversion to 5 lug...which boosts the price another $1K or so. You gotta pay to play, so to speak.

Last edited: