Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: TPMS reinstallation

  1. #1
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    24

    TPMS reinstallation

    Just about everybody that has their stock wheels for sale has removed the TPMS sensors for their new wheels.
    My question is, can replacement TPMS sensors be installed without a trip to the tire store?

  2. #2
    Hooked darrenroos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maricopa, AZ
    Posts
    182
    Yes but if you buy my wheels Iíll include the sensors.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  3. #3
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    4,352
    Quote Originally Posted by Richamby View Post
    Just about everybody that has their stock wheels for sale has removed the TPMS sensors for their new wheels.
    My question is, can replacement TPMS sensors be installed without a trip to the tire store?
    You need to break the wheels down in order to install them. So unless you have a tire shop in your garage, you will probably be going to someone to have it done.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  4. #4
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,328
    What's comical is people pay someone to break down tires to remove the sensors when u can buy new sensors for the same amount and way easier.

    Sent via....

  5. #5
    Hooked
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    FERNLEY NV
    Posts
    108
    My sale includes the TPMS XMITTERS still installed !

    JIMBO

  6. #6
    Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    855
    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    What's comical is people pay someone to break down tires to remove the sensors when u can buy new sensors for the same amount and way easier.

    Sent via....
    I never understood that. A new set is around what, $150? To break down a set of tires ( and then remount and rebalance them) is AT MINIMUM $20 a tire...so that's $100 at the minimum, plus your wheels/tires are worth less if you try and sell them. I never understood why people do this.

  7. #7
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    24
    And my second dilemma is they arenít marked left or right side. Iíve always thought, once radial tires spin in one direction at speed, you donít want them to spin in the opposite direction.

  8. #8
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by NFRs2000NYC View Post
    I never understood that. A new set is around what, $150? To break down a set of tires ( and then remount and rebalance them) is AT MINIMUM $20 a tire...so that's $100 at the minimum, plus your wheels/tires are worth less if you try and sell them. I never understood why people do this.
    I've been paying between $50-$65 for all 5 the last 4 sets I bought. Last time I had a set of tires mounted was like $75. So ya no sense lol

    Sent via....

  9. #9
    Nothing but a Thing
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    1,328
    Quote Originally Posted by Richamby View Post
    And my second dilemma is they arenít marked left or right side. Iíve always thought, once radial tires spin in one direction at speed, you donít want them to spin in the opposite direction.
    That's not true. If u do a proper rotation you should actually be swapping fronts to opposite side in rear and intentionally spinning them in other direction. Tires will naturally cup a tad and reversing direction counteracts that and knocks the cup back off to get good wear.

    Sent via....

  10. #10
    Fresh Catch
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    SE USA
    Posts
    24
    So donít worry about where they where. Just put them on and go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •