VIDEO : TRADITION - A Rubicon Trail Adventure in Our Jeep JL Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Of all the trails that Cindy and I love to run, the Rubicon is one of our favorites and one that we always try to hit at least once a year. You could say, it's a tradition of ours and one that we enjoy more for its breath taking scenery and the good times we always have with our good friends than anything. Sure, it's an iconic trail best known for it's epic wheeling but for us, that's always just been icing on the cake. Of course, this tradition is one that transcends all Jeep models and while the era of the JK has finally come to an end, there was no way that we were going to let it die there.

In this feature length, WAYALIFE Epic Trex Adventure video, you'll get to see us take on the Rubicon Trail for the very first time in JET Li, our brand new Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited. As you'll see, we took him out running a Dynatrac 2" EndruoSport lift, 37x13.50 Cooper STT Pros mounted on KMC XD231 bead lock wheels and a set of LoD Signature Series rock sliders and front bumper for added protection. And, joining us for all the fun were our good friends Rachel and Ray in their cooperhead 4-door JK Rubicon running EVO bolt-on coilsovers and 37" Trail Grapplers, Ben in his white 2-door JK Rubicon running 35" STT Pros, Adam in his dozer 2-door JK Sport running 37" Trail Grapplers, Moochie in his silver 4-door JK Rubicon running bolt-on coil overs and 37" Toyo MT's and last but not least, Doug (aka Trail Bud) and his friend Bob in their white 4-door JK Rubicon running gen 1 EVO coilovers and massive 40x15.50 Toyo MT's.

At almost an hour in length, this video is one of our longer ones and you'll want to make sure that you set aside some time to watch it. We hope enjoy our presentation. :cool:

BUY a HITCH STINGER: https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-HITCH-STINGER
BUY a CB BAR: https://www.wayalife.com/store/proddetail.php?prod=PARTS-CB-BAR
BUY a Rancho Front Differential Glide Plate: https://amzn.to/2PJReoB
BUY a SPIDERWEB SUNSHADE: https://amzn.to/2NsGJbt
BUY a MAVIC AIR DRONE: https://amzn.to/2CO26iq

WIN WAYALIFE SHOTGLASSES
If you'd like to WIN a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses, simply post up a response on this thread and let us know what you thought of our video. A random WINNER will be selected and announced next week. Thanks for watching. :cool:

Rgk401

Haha I was watching one of your other videos and I got a notification on my phone about wayalife just uploaded a new video!! I’m watching it now Image1539734240.124773.jpg

Moochie

Good times! Another awesome job on a fantastic video showing how much fun a trip like this can be with good friends! Thanks for leading us on a Rubicon adventure!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good times! Another awesome job on a fantastic video showing how much fun a trip like this can be with good friends! Thanks for leading us on a Rubicon adventure!

It was great to have you and your dirty mind along for the run :D :p

JTCO

Meme King
Awesome video! Great work, guys! What a PITA with that drain plug. I was thinking of the Rancho glide plate the whole time, even before you said anything, lol.

arhoad36

Great video! It was awesome to see the EnduroSport lift put to the test. It seemed to perform extremely well. My biggest take away from this video is how perplexing the decision was to put the differential drain plug underneath the housing. I was not planning on looking for a front diff skid plate, but after seeing the effect of taking a few blows may now be something I plan on installing sooner rather than later.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

RMC2

Another fun trip for you guys and a fun video for us.

Some damage this time around. Any damage you didn’t cover in the video? Any new thoughts on lift height, front axle, etc?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video, except for seeing Adam shirtless. That hitch stinger was really getting a workout!

:cheesy: :cheesy:

and yes, the HITCH STINGER worked awesome indeed :yup:

Awesome video! Great work, guys! What a PITA with that drain plug. I was thinking of the Rancho glide plate the whole time, even before you said anything, lol.

Yeah, I kept telling myself that I really didn't need something like the Rancho glide plate but after this trip, I picked one up. Install video coming soon :crazyeyes:

Of course, YouTube has to be down when I get home and try and watch this awesome adventure...

Yeah, it's crazy. Apparently it's a world wide problem. I guess we broke YouTube :idontknow: :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video! It was awesome to see the EnduroSport lift put to the test. It seemed to perform extremely well. My biggest take away from this video is how perplexing the decision was to put the differential drain plug underneath the housing. I was not planning on looking for a front diff skid plate, but after seeing the effect of taking a few blows may now be something I plan on installing sooner rather than later.

Yeah, it's strange because the rear axle still has the drain on the SIDE of the housing. I honestly can't figure out why anyone would put the plug on the BOTTOM of the housing. Personally, I'd rather have NO drain and just crack open the diff cover like we used do back in the day.

Another fun trip for you guys and a fun video for us.

Some damage this time around. Any damage you didn’t cover in the video? Any new thoughts on lift height, front axle, etc?

We did some post run filming underneath our JL - may make a video out of it for you to see.

Just sat down to watch it, and keep getting an error every time I try to open it. Looks like YouTube just died.

It's actually kind of a big deal and one that's starting to make the news. Just sucks that we post up this video and YouTube goes down :rolleyes2:

Rellik

I was on trail the same time your group was. Our loan JLUR driver had one of your stingers protecting the spare tire and tailgate and it got worked and worked well it did. Again I feel honored to have got to shake your hand and meet your lovely wife. Rock On brother.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was on trail the same time your group was. Our loan JLUR driver had one of your stingers protecting the spare tire and tailgate and it got worked and worked well it did. Again I feel honored to have got to shake your hand and meet your lovely wife. Rock On brother.

It was a real pleasure meeting you in person and I'm so glad to hear my HITCH STINGER did it's job for your friend :yup: