VIDEO : TRADITION - A Rubicon Trail Adventure in Our Jeep JL Wrangler

JAGS

Sometimes it’s better not knowing what you missed. Lol.

While I really wish I could’ve joined you again this year, it was still great following along virtually in the vid. Seems like the JL took a beating, but still did great!![emoji41]

Interested to see any upgrades you go with knowing what you know now.

Thanks for sharing another great trip. I need to get out with you all soon.

WiscoHR

Another great video! I definitely need to get out to the Rubicon. Also interested to see what upgrades and improvements you make to Jet Li from what you experienced on this trip. The drain plug in the front differential is definitely a shit design.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Traditioooonnnnn, TRADITION!!! Lol loved the video! Been a while since I have seen Doug and moochie in a video together and how dirty they are lol! Good times with good friends

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Glad YouTube came back. So far so good in the video.

Thanks for kicking them in the nuts for us :cheesy:
Hope you still enjoyed the video to the end :)

Great adventure, hopefully we can make it to the Rubicon trail one day.

Glad to hear you liked it and yes, you need to get out there :yup:

Sometimes it’s better not knowing what you missed. Lol.

While I really wish I could’ve joined you again this year, it was still great following along virtually in the vid. Seems like the JL took a beating, but still did great!![emoji41]

Interested to see any upgrades you go with knowing what you know now.

Thanks for sharing another great trip. I need to get out with you all soon.

Bummer you weren't able to join us for this one. The JL did great too but yes, we will be making a few modifications if only to the front axle :crazyeyes:

Another great video! I definitely need to get out to the Rubicon. Also interested to see what upgrades and improvements you make to Jet Li from what you experienced on this trip. The drain plug in the front differential is definitely a shit design.

A Rancho Glide Plate should be on everyone's short list of cheap mods. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Traditioooonnnnn, TRADITION!!! Lol loved the video! Been a while since I have seen Doug and moochie in a video together and how dirty they are lol! Good times with good friends

LOL!! We'll need to get you out there with us someday :thumb:

Loved the video! Looked like everyone had a great time! :D

A bummer you and Steph couldn't join us for this one. Everyone missed you two. Glad you enjoyed the video though. :cool:

Going to sit back eat my breakfast and watch jeeps. Best way to unwind after a long night at work.

Awesome, we hope you enjoy it :)

Moshe

Great video, I enjoyed watching it and wish I could do the Rubicon trail some time in the future. Eddie, it seems a higher lift could have made your adventure much smoother. Are you considering it?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome video Eddie! Looks like a great time! Was going to ask if you wanted to go a couple weeks back. Got an update with the rocker/door sill when putting the doors back on?

Thanks, glad you liked the video. Fortunately, the damage wasn't too bad and the door was still able to close without any issues. Of course, we've already got this fixed so all is good. :yup:

Great video, I enjoyed watching it and wish I could do the Rubicon trail some time in the future. Eddie, it seems a higher lift could have made your adventure much smoother. Are you considering it?

Oh yeah, a taller lift would have made things easier but what we had was more than enough to get the job done.

That being said, we've pretty much cover the gamut of 2"-2.5" lifts or at least, ones we've been willing to test out and yes, we will be moving on to 3"-3.5" next. :yup:

tobyw

Another great video, thanks!!

I had the same initial thoughts after the few yards of Rubicon trail back in early July - that additional 2" of wheelbase really makes the JLU scrape a lot more than I was anticipating. I've never left so much undercarriage paint on any trail before :icon_crazy: I'll be watching your decisions as you move into a slightly taller lift.

htsai14752

Great video! What's equipped on the wrangler sport? What's the min mods you would suggest when doing the rubicon trail? What psi are your tires set at? Sorry for all the questions. Planning on doing the trail next year so I want to prepare myself.

Hohertz

Awesome video and what an adventure! I know it's the Rubicon and all but 27:25 made me cringe! Ouch!

Had a question about Tessa, do yall have any kind of harness for her while she rides in the Jeep? We often wheel with our dog Marley but not without the doors off as I'm afraid he would lean/fall out. :thumb:

Firejeep

Once again, great video. It didn’t seem like an hour long, I guess that’s what you get with a good story. I was going to ask awhile back if you were still running the factory steering stabilizer or if you upgraded, now I know. What are your plans to replace it?

YOUJLUS

Might be able to cover most of it up with a rock panel.. lol the trail was fun this year. Good I got to complete it. Think I ended up putting pas slider on that rock. I’m thinking I may have to get the diff skids now as well..

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app