3.5” lift problems?

RLW007

Anyone with 3.5” of lift having drive shaft or drive train problems with JL Rubicon Unlimited.( rubbing, torn boots, need drive shaft replacement, poor driving, etc.)
I have a 2 1/2” EVO coil lift with 37” and thinking of going to 3.5” lift. I love the ride with King Shocks but looking for a better break over angle. I got just barely 2” of lift with the 2 .5” Evo lift.
Randy

Rellik

I started with the Evo budget boost with control arms but just installed Rock Krawler 3.5" springs, adjustable track bars and sway bar links and could not be happier. We have had no issues with anything. Of Course like most people im not going to bad mouth something I purchased. All I can tell you is its been trouble free and the ride has been great

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone with 3.5” of lift having drive shaft or drive train problems with JL Rubicon Unlimited.( rubbing, torn boots, need drive shaft replacement, poor driving, etc.)
I have a 2 1/2” EVO coil lift with 37” and thinking of going to 3.5” lift. I love the ride with King Shocks but looking for a better break over angle. I got just barely 2” of lift with the 2 .5” Evo lift.
Randy

Your front drive shaft will be sitting in a lot steeper of an angle with 3.5" of lift and that will put the CV boot in a constant state of pinch. Fortunately, the FAD will keep the shaft from spinning and that should help it to last longer however, depending on how long your shocks are, your front shaft will most likely be in a state of bind at a full droop. The exhaust cross over has been redesigned so the slip boot shouldn't get torn on it the way it would have on a JK.

RLW007

Your front drive shaft will be sitting in a lot steeper of an angle with 3.5" of lift and that will put the CV boot in a constant state of pinch. Fortunately, the FAD will keep the shaft from spinning and that should help it to last longer however, depending on how long your shocks are, your front shaft will most likely be in a state of bind at a full droop. The exhaust cross over has been redesigned so the slip boot shouldn't get torn on it the way it would have on a JK.

Would a new front drive shaft fix these issues if and when needed?