Tuffy Center Console Lock Box JLU

sgkdhk

I just installed the Tuffy console lock box and the quality is great but the installation is a real pain. You have to get both hands inside to install the screws and bolts and some are upside down. After 45 minutes I almost threw it in the garbage but a good shot of Bourbon attitude adjustment I finally got it in after about an hour and a half. It is a secure way to lock up your valuables but be ready for a hard installation.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

KS-Mike

Been there, and yes it was a major pain for exactly the reasons you stated. I like the quality and the overall added security, but their engineers need to re-think the instructions with the average person with normal tools in mind. I ended up buying a small wrench set to make it work.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wibornz

I have huge hands so I guess this thing is not for me. I don't think I can fit both of my hands in one to install.

But maybe I can drink some bourbon while I think about it. It is 8:07 am I am retired. Is it to early for some Buffalo Trace? After all I have had three cups of coffee.

Last edited:

klastinger

Installed mine yesterday. What a pain, and not much room. Coming from the E&G in my raptor. Have an option for when I may need my valuables a little quicker. IMG_3218.jpg20200110_221717873_iOS.jpg20200110_221625584_iOS.jpgIMG_3220.jpgIMG_3219.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro