Tuffy Tailgate Lockbox Installed!

YAHAHA

Travel humidor goes under the front seat or in the center console if it's small enough.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

JTCO

Meme King
That's pretty cool. I like that it's narrow enough to not take up too much cargo space but can still fit a lot of stuff in it.

Now that it is loaded up with stuff, and I've driven it around a bit, I can say there is no rattle, at all. The rubberized tool drawer pad helps with that. I found some thicker tool drawer pad at Harbor Freight that I'll swap in, later.

I'll let you know how it is after shaking the daylights out of it in Moab over the next week or so. I think it will be great.

HoundDude

is there any reason to be concerned about the added weight on a non-reinforced tailgate with stock 32" wheel? this adds 25lbs for the box + whatever you put inside. is there any guidance on how much weight can be added to the tailgate before you have to worry about the hinges? thanks

is there any reason to be concerned about the added weight on a non-reinforced tailgate with stock 32" wheel? this adds 25lbs for the box + whatever you put inside. is there any guidance on how much weight can be added to the tailgate before you have to worry about the hinges? thanks

I'm not concerned because my 315 BFG KO2 sits on the bumper. Plus, I'm running a light C rated tire on the stock rim. These hinges are MUCH beefier than the ones on my JK, too, so that gives me peace of mind.

I ran this thing loaded with gear for 5 days of hard off roading in Moab and still no rattle. I love it.