New EVO MFG JL HD Hinged Tire Carrier

Rellik

got mine installed last week. Hit the trails this weekend and not even a hint of a rattle from the gate. happy Evo customer. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_3707.JPG
    IMG_3707.JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 166
  • IMG_3706.JPG
    IMG_3706.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 171

CalSgt

got mine installed last week. Hit the trails this weekend and not even a hint of a rattle from the gate. happy Evo customer. Thank you.

Thats cool, did you order it bare & have the 2 tone done? Or just redo the hinges red?

Rellik

Thats cool, did you order it bare & have the 2 tone done? Or just redo the hinges red?

If I am being honest... I accidentally ordered the bare steel version. I got a quote for a single color powder coating for $300.00 so for $35.00 I got Hammered black and satin red spray paint. I took my time and did 3 coats. I must say the hammered black is a pretty tough finish. The red...not so tough.

Rellik

Looks like you have those Rustys corners guards on. PITA to drill all those holes for those?

You know it wasnt to bad. the top holes are nut certs the bottom ones are bolted through. Rusty even includes a simple tool for the nut certs that works very well. The corners have flat steel that protects the bottom of the rear corners from dragging on rocks. two thumbs up.

CalSgt

Before & After

Here are some before and after pics. Before the EVO Carrier I was using the stock mount with a Smittybilt spacer. Tires are 37 x 13.5 Cooper STT Pro's on 17" KMC 231's (Same ones from Eddies Amazon links)

Before
before 1.jpg

After
after 1.jpg

Before 4.5" to tailgate
before 2.jpg

After 1" to tailgate
after 2.jpg

Before 1.5" to stock steel bumper
before 3.jpg

After 2.75" to stock steel bumper
after 3.jpg