Relocated Wave from Delaware :D

Mud Bug

Hey guys! I figured now is as good a time as any to finally post my wave :) This could get lengthy so I apologize for that. Skim at your convenience haha.

My name is Janice and I am a stay-at-home-mom to 4 children. In early 2017 my husband bought me my first (used from a car lot) Jeep, a 2014 JKU Sahara and I loved that thing. We actually went to go look at a 2017 Rubicon, but the sales guy had me at "Do you want to see another white Jeep with a whole bunch of upgrades but for $25k less?" Why yes.. yes I do. I drove it for about a year as purchased.
stock 1.jpg

Then my husband introduced me to modifying in early 2018. Many thousands of $$ later I had a certified mall crawler.
falkor.jpg

We added a 3.5" lift, 18" Fuel Boost wheels, 305/70R18 Xtreme MT2 tires, Poison Spyder front and rear crusher flares, Poison Spyder inner fender liners, Poison Spyder Brawler Lite front bumper, a winch , Poison Spyder Brawler rear bumper with tire carrier, and some Nerf Durasteps on the side (because my 70+ year old mom and my two youngest sons needed to climb in and out of this Jeep). We did a couple other things like changing out the stock antenna, changing the fuel cap, installing JW Speaker LED lights. But boy did we love us some Poison Spyder, right? :yup: I fully expected to have this Jeep forever and do some beginner off-roading within the year. It officially became a certified Mall crawler because I never got the chance to take it off road before we had to sell it. :mad:

My husband got a promotion near the end of April and we ended up needing to relocate to Delaware from Florida. We were getting the house ready to list in June after the kids got out of school for the summer, packing up clutter and general cleaning. I happened to be traveling in Italy at the end of June with our oldest child for a school summer trip when some bad news about our house we were putting on the market happened. We had sprung a leak in the master bathroom and it unfortunately turned into a major issue. Our homeowner's insurance denied our claim to repair and as a result we had to sell my beloved white Jeep in a hurry to pay for bathroom repair and remodel to be able to list our house in the timeline given to us by our relocation firm. It sadly had to be my Jeep because of the 3 vehicles we owned at the time, only the Jeep had been 100% paid in full. We were also financing a 2017 Toyota Tacoma (husband's truck) and a 2015 Chevy Equinox (daughter's car). My husband promised to replace my Jeep as soon as we moved to Delaware and settled in. His promotion netted him a company car, so I took over driving the Tacoma.

Being the prepper/planner that I am... I found this forum to join, and started researching JLs. I mean.. if he is buying me a new Jeep, I wanted the newest one :p
I began looking up JLs for sale in Delaware. I was bookmarking the Jeeps I was interested in.. and checking on them daily. Sometimes as much as 3 times a day. :crazyeyes: I deleted the ones that disappeared from dealer websites (sold!) and checked inventory to add new ones. I had my heart set on this Mojito! Rubicon at a dealership near Dover.
stock 2.jpg

What a beautiful Jeep. It had nearly every option I wanted. After watching it for about 2 months... suddenly it changed. The dealership had modified the unsold Jeep and jacked their asking price up about $20,000. :eek: It became what I called the "Mojito Monster". I get it if someone else likes these particular mods but I did not. Not for the additional price we would be paying.

Behold the Mojito! Monster... (which is still for sale in Milford, Delaware if anyone is interested in buying it for over $72,000 asking price... but I am not the one :()
monster.jpg

We completed repairs on our house, packed up and moved into a rental here in Delaware near the end of August, and our house in Florida was put on the market. Yes, it took nearly 2 months to get everything squared away. Meanwhile, I had found another Mojito! Rubicon for sale in Delaware and watched that one, religiously. It did not have EVERY option I wanted (No LED lights, no Dual Top) but the price seemed ok. On "summer clearance" for $43,000. I checked on this one at least 5 times a day... but in the end I was disappointed when it sold, as well.

After 23 days, we got an offer on our house in Florida. We are also under contract to buy a house in Delaware. We close on the sale of our house on October 29, we close on the purchase of the Delaware house on October 31.. so I am super busy and slightly stressed. My only ray of light is that I finally am getting my Jeep.

Since the 2018 Rubicons are not available near me in Delaware, I decided to try to be patient and I have ordered a

2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
3.6L V6 engine
Millennial anti-theft device (6-speed manual)
cold weather group
Dual Top group
LED lighting
Reinforced Tailgate
Trailer and Tow package
Engine Block Heater
Electronic Infotainment
and the fabulous all weather floor mats

I went back and forth on color choices.... I love the Mojito!, I love Punk'n, I love Ocean Blue (obviously), I love Sting Gray, and I was really REALLY drawn to Hella Yella. My first pick was Mojito! but then I had read it was not to be available for 2019 ordering. I did see it as an option when I ordered but I had already set my mind on the Ocean Blue. Hubs had tried to talk me into Sting Gray, which is really nice.. but I was thinking he loved that color more than I would. The Punk'n I scratched off my list because oldest child is thinking she wants to get a (possibly used) 2018 Sport in Punk'n this coming March. I am one of "those" people who does not want my stuff to be the same as everyone else's. So no two Punk'n Jeeps at my house. Nope. I originally thought I would go Hella Yella. I wanted my Jeep to be seen from a distance and everyone know that I was coming. LoL. I switched from Hella Yella to Ocean Blue for a couple of reasons. One is sentimental.. thinking how we came from Florida and I wanted to represent that even if only in color name. The second was because my youngest kids threatened to call the Jeep "Short Bus Sally" if I got the Hella Yella. But really.. even when I was looking at the 2018s, I was flip flopping between Ocean Blue and Mojito!. I had chosen Mojito! while down in Florida because most of the wranglers I saw everyday were black, white, silver, red and blue. Up here in delware I see a lot of green. not Mojito!.. but just greens in general. Plus that Mojito! Rubicon that recently sold nearby... So Ocean Blue it is :)

I am so excited to get my Rubicon.. can't wait. Hope to be able to enjoy it really soon.

JTCO

Meme King
Awesome story and congrats! I was pretty set on Mojito too, but the more I see that Ocean Blue, I really like it. Also in 2019, I've heard there is a color called Bikini that looks really sweet. Not sure what I'm going to get yet.

Mud Bug

Awesome story and congrats! I was pretty set on Mojito too, but the more I see that Ocean Blue, I really like it. Also in 2019, I've heard there is a color called Bikini that looks really sweet. Not sure what I'm going to get yet.

I completely wanted the bikini color.. I saw it was like a teal/turquoise kind of thing... but I am already testing the limits of my patience ordering a 2019. The Bikini is "late release"? I can't waaait. I am a child, I know.

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Welcome to JLWrangler! Great story! I drive past that jeep when I head down to Bethany beach on the weekends so I know exactly where it is at lol! Can’t wait to see the new blue JLUR!

LauraRose

Welcome to JLWrangler & thanks for sharing your story!! I have a Firecracker Red JLUR, but really also love the Ocean Blue. Can't wait to see pix of yours - make sure to post lots!

Welcome_&_Ediquette_LI.jpg