JT Scrambler 6,500 Pound Towing Capacity

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
qjbobuoydressz67qo0v.jpg

Well, well, well - it looks like Truckyeah was able to get their hands on a spread sheet highlighting the towing capacity of a JT Scrambler and while it isn't fantastic, it isn't too shabby. At 6,500 lbs., that would put it in line with a Toyota Tacoma and really, that shouldn't be too much of a surprise being that the JT is about the same size.

Here's a link to the article.
https://truckyeah.jalopnik.com/apparently-leaked-documents-lay-out-new-jeep-wrangler-t-1819148952

What do you think about a 6,500 towing capacity? :cool:

JTCO

Meme King
I can finally buy a decent boat again if I get one of these provided this info is accurate.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
That’s an outstanding number. Just as a point of reference, my Dad’s 2004 Chevy 2500, with a 6.0L, is only rated at 8300 pounds. It will obviously tow more than that, but sometime after that truck was made, every manufacturer went on an increased tow rating binge.

That definitely brings a much larger travel trailer into the picture.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Probably after that. I would bet it’ll be released with one motor option first.

Not sure how credible my info is,but that’s what the dealership told me yesterday. They told me it will be mid 2019 before we start seeing JTs, and that they will only be available with the 3.6 initially. I know I want to holdout for the diesel to test drive before I make a decision.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

r2fasani

Not sure how credible my info is,but that’s what the dealership told me yesterday. They told me it will be mid 2019 before we start seeing JTs, and that they will only be available with the 3.6 initially. I know I want to holdout for the diesel to test drive before I make a decision.

I will hold out too. I will definitely want to evaluate all the engine options, but I’m drooling for a JT already!

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I really like the numbers! Hell its almost double of what the jk is now so this is a big improvement