Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rain Gutters too short

Fresh Catch

Rain Gutters too short

Hi all,

I wonder if any of you have experienced the same problem I have when it rains.

I have a 2018 JL Sahara with the removable hard top. When it rains and I open either the drivers side or passenger side door I get a steady stream of water running out the front of the rain gutter and all over the door and into the driving compartment. It makes it hard to get into the Jeep without getting soaked and there is a puddle inside on the floor mat.

I know this has been a wet spring here in NW Ohio, and somebody will suggest moving to the dry SW USA, but that's not an option at this time .

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks, Keith

Well, we've been running a Trektop with poorly fitting half doors on our JK's for years and to us, just being able to keep out the rain at all is nothing short of amazing. That it leaks into our Jeep ONLY when we open the door makes us feel like we're driving a luxury SUV

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Well, we've been running a Trektop with poorly fitting half doors on our JK's for years and to us, just being able to keep out the rain at all is nothing short of amazing. That it leaks into our Jeep ONLY when we open the door makes us feel like we're driving a luxury SUV
    ok, that’s funny

Fresh Catch
    I wonder if this is the true reason for the drain plug exit in the front slush mats?

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by KWire View Post
    Hi all,

I wonder if any of you have experienced the same problem I have when it rains.

I have a 2018 JL Sahara with the removable hard top. When it rains and I open either the drivers side or passenger side door I get a steady stream of water running out the front of the rain gutter and all over the door and into the driving compartment. It makes it hard to get into the Jeep without getting soaked and there is a puddle inside on the floor mat.

I know this has been a wet spring here in NW Ohio, and somebody will suggest moving to the dry SW USA, but that's not an option at this time .

Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Thanks, Keith

Yes, some JLU owner's have mentioned this... I guess it is what it is. Maybe, this shortcoming is why FCA came out with their All Weather Floor Mat offering with the cutesy drain hole that drains water out through the floor board..

I’d be more concerned if your Jeep wasn’t getting wet inside.

My Jeeps have always had three properties: 1) they leak, 2)they’re slow and 3) they’re loud.

If I arrive at my destination dry, early and with hearing, chances are I drove my wife’s Yukon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited, 6-speed
    1985 CJ-7, 258, 4-speed

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Well, I don't mind it so much, but the wife is not happy... We had a Ford Explorer (Eddie Bauer edition) for the last 12 years and she never got wet just getting in and out like in the JL.

I've got the new mats with the drain stopper but...

I may try a rain gutter extension that is available for RVs, something like one of these.

Gutter Spout

Gutter Extension

If it works I'll let everyone know.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
    I’d be more concerned if your Jeep wasn’t getting wet inside.

My Jeeps have always had three properties: 1) they leak, 2)they’re slow and 3) they’re loud.

If I arrive at my destination dry, early and with hearing, chances are I drove my wife’s Yukon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Hahaha !! Thats a good one. Same here.

Been Around the Block tallguy26's Avatar
    Had the same issue on my jk so I thought it was normal.

Sent from my [device_name] using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I’m happy when my jk hardtop doesn’t leak with the doors closed.

I will watch for this when my JL shows up.
    Matt

Do the speed bumps at the mall count as crawlin?

N.S.D.Q.! and Army ........... ummm, we don't have a slogan anymore.

18 JLUR - white, 13 JKUR - white (gone), 09 JKUR - white (gone), stock 85 CJ7 - red - in storage.
    6 other 4x4 trucks (but only have 1 now-of course it is white too).

My build thread https://jlwrangler.com/showthread.ph...kopelli-begins

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast