Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Road stripe paint

Road stripe paint

Any way to remove road stripe paint off my Jeep body and inside fender? I need some help!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglesfly View Post
    Any way to remove road stripe paint off my Jeep body and inside fender? I need some help!!!!

Inner fender just paint black with flat black paint. You'll never notice. As far as the body, you could try goo gone, just make sure you wash the jeep really good when you're done so the chemical residue doesn't stay on the clear coat.

I have used this stuff before to remove tar. should work for line paint.
    97ff2290-0e58-4e62-88ab-cbce97eb7d10_1000[1].jpg
    defiantly would try in a small unnoticeable place first. just incase it dose something to paint
    lol. quick draw WJCO beat me to it
    SCOTT *lllllll*
    2018 STING GRAY JL SPORT

Be really careful trying to remove that paint - it's some stubborn shit once its dried and with the reflective particles in it it's also abrasive. If the Goo Gone or something like that doesn't work I wouldn't hesitate taking it to an auto body shop for removal. You don't want to ruin that new paint.

When dealing with paint, I always try the least aggressive approach first to minimize the opportunity for damage.

Car wash > clay bar > polish > compounds

If it were me, I would probably try something like simple green with a bug sponge first

A note on, goo gone (different from goof off), definitely be careful with that on any painted product as it is solvent based and I have seen it start to dissolve finishes. Specifically, when cleaning a decal off of a craftsmen toolbox and it started to dissolve the paint quickly.

Goof-off, citrus based, I don't have any personal experience with.

Good luck

Road stripe paint

Hold on a minute. Is this yíall first over-spayed car? Any time you get paint on paint. Particularly clear coat. Use a clay bar. Mothers now sells them in a kit. In a body shop everything gets over-sprayed. Iíve even cleaned up three cars that got painted by the green dumpster guys. They just painted there dumpster sitting in an employe lot. My z28 was one of them. You will be amazed how easy and well it works.
    Iím not so sure about the plastic.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Jetboy; 10-11-2018 at 05:43 PM.
    Soon to be 2019 JL Rubicon owner

Quote Originally Posted by Jetboy View Post
    Hold on a minute. Is this yíall first over-spayed car? Any time you get paint on paint. Particularly clear coat. Use a clay bar. Mothers now sells them in a kit. In a body shop everything gets over-sprayed. Iíve even cleaned up three cars that got painted by the green dumpster guys. They just painted there dumpster sitting in an employe lot. My z28 was one of them. You will be amazed how easy and well it works.
    Iím not so sure about the plastic.

I think it's beyond overspray. Sounds like he drove over a freshly painted road line.

I looked up road stripping paint. The dept of transportation. Says pressure wash. If it doesnít come off. WD-40 soak, then pressure wash.
    If dried more than 4 days. Petroleum jelly leave 12 hrs. Pressure wash.
    I still think clay bar will just take it off.

If you read those bright little signs they put on the road that say wet paint, and avoid the wet paint, you wonít have to clean it.

Road stripe paint

Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    If you read those bright little signs they put on the road that say wet paint, and avoid the wet paint, you wonít have to clean it.

Now you know better. Itís a Jeep.and makes those wide tracks. Itís not until after we run over shit that we look and see if we need to fix the Jeep. Along with ROAD ENDs,HighWater, ect thatís all warnings for mortal cars. Lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast