JL Rear Washer Nozzle - Drip issue fix - Thanks for the fix, Mopar

Rhinebeck01

I purchased Mopar part# 68438075AA Check Valve for $3.87 from a local Jeep dealership parts department. Took all of 1.5 mins. to do the install of the check valve. Dripping JL, rear washer nozzle is history. See part and TSB below..

check valve.jpg
check valve installed.jpg

JL_tsb_2304018-1.jpg
JL_tsb_2304018-2.jpg
JL_tsb_2304018-3.jpg
JL_tsb_2304018-4.jpg

Rhinebeck01

It’s great to hear that there is a fix for this problem but why isn’t this covered under warranty? And, does anyone know if there is a fix for the dual top rear electrical/hose clip?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Sure this is covered under warranty. Dealership Service Department just has to see it drip/that it dripped and you will get the $3.78 part installed under warranty.

As for me, I stay clear of dealership service departments as much as I can. You think I'm gonna deal with them ....sit there... let them friggg with my vehicle .... so I can say, save $3.78. No way I would ever do that...

For the record, I don't even let the dealer do the free tire rotations and oil changes that I am entitled to. I know better.

Last edited:

YAHAHA

As for me, I stay clear of dealership service departments as much as I can. You think I'm gonna deal with them ....sit there... let them friggg with my vehicle .... so I can say, save $3.78. No way I would ever do that...

For the record, I don't even let the dealer do the free tire rotations and oil changes that I am entitled to. I know better.
Unfortunately, this is all too often the case with dealership service departments. When they were looking at my reverse light that wasn't working, I heard the technician crack the plastic trying to open the sealed tail light. He said he didn't break anything but the lights are still intermittently failing. Still trying to get it replaced under warranty.

Me, I'll pay the $4 and install the check valve myself.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

Rhinebeck01

For you guys doing the check valve install yourself, do not follow Mopar's install directions to a tee. Do not pull the black tubing from the rear washer nozzle. It's on there real tight and you risk damaging the nozzle's connector when you go to twist/yank the hose off.

Just measure 2 inches from the end of the hose where it plugs into the nozzle. Now with a medium size pair of sharp scissors, just cut the hose at the 2" mark. NOW, just take you check valve and plug it into the two resulting hose ends. Be sure the arrow on the check valve points toward the washer nozzle. Now, run the rear washer to force any air out of the line and to insure all is well..

YAHAHA

The parts counter told me this part in the first post does not show that it fits the JL, It is a Cherokee part. Ordered it and will do the install next week.

JeepJL

Sure this is covered under warranty. Dealership Service Department just has to see it drip/that it dripped and you will get the $3.78 part installed under warranty.

Man, sounds like you need to find yourself a new dealership. What happens if you need and engine or tranny under warranty? That’s a big expense out of pocket. [emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

My local dealer wants $5.50 for the same part. They don't stock it and were hesitant to order it because they have to buy a 10-pack. I tried to get the same part in Oklahoma while on vacation and they wanted $10 for it.

Wranglerman

I went into my local dealer and got the check valve for $4 out the door and installed it in there parking lot before I left, took all of 5 mins