Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 80

Thread: Aftermarket LED Headlights

  1. #21
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    What about quake led headlights? Then you get the puurty mall crawler colors too. I just love the look and color. I havenít tried to change the colors but for 600 not complaining the hid projectors on my wifeís jk were 900.Attachment 6348

    Attachment 6349


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Why not just get LEDís from the factory for $895 which has all led lights.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  2. #22
    Hooked darrenroos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Maricopa, AZ
    Posts
    181

    Aftermarket LED Headlights

    I know the topic is the headlight but the LED package also improves your taillights (as mentioned by others). The standard taillight reminds me of the JK whereas the LED taillight design makes it more obvious that itís a JL. IMG_1871.jpg


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by darrenroos; 10-20-2018 at 11:28 AM.

  3. #23
    Fresh Catch Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cda Idaho
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlanderJL View Post
    Why not just get LEDís from the factory for $895 which has all led lights.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Main reason is I am not going to have the fogs because the front bumper, not going to have the turns because the new flares. Not going to care about the tail lights. Lol

    My .02 jeeps are built not bought. More fun to order your parts and customize than order your Jeep on the website and have the same gear as the Californian from la with the 22s.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  4. #24
    Fresh Catch Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cda Idaho
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Main reason is I am not going to have the fogs because the front bumper, not going to have the turns because the new flares. Not going to care about the tail lights. Lol

    My .02 jeeps are built not bought. More fun to order your parts and customize than order your Jeep on the website and have the same gear as the Californian from la with the 22s.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    No offense to you at all or anyone else on here. just stating my elaborated opinion.

  5. #25
    Resident Smartass OverlanderJL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    NorCal
    Posts
    3,841
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    Main reason is I am not going to have the fogs because the front bumper, not going to have the turns because the new flares. Not going to care about the tail lights. Lol

    My .02 jeeps are built not bought. More fun to order your parts and customize than order your Jeep on the website and have the same gear as the Californian from la with the 22s.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Ah youíre the built not bought kinda guy. That explains a lot.

    Just an FYI though, usually when people say built not bought, they mean that they actually build parts not order from a catalog but good luck to you.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2012 Jeep Jk - 37ís
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 40ís
    1975 Jeep DJ5

  6. #26
    Fresh Catch Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cda Idaho
    Posts
    10
    Lol if I built headlights. It would be a absolute catastrophe. I think if most people who built cool builds would be pretty nervous about that one. I mean cmon man just stating the fun part of putting a build together not purchasing it from the factory where everyone can. Thatís all. It gives it the unique look and performance that your neighbor who ordered his doesnít have. Thats why people love jeeps so we can all build them in our own way. Like I said in all fun no offense.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  7. #27
    Knows a Thing or Two NFRs2000NYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    794
    The quake LED lights are $700 for the JL, which is $200 less than the $900 OEM mopar LEDs. From what I have seen, they have a pretty horrible spread/beam pattern, as do almost all aftermarket headlights, because as it turns out, headlights are actually incredibly complex, especially ones that have multiple LED diodes in them...as they require each lens to be angled at a specific angle, something I haven't seen ANY aftermarket company do. If you absolutely insist on a 7" upgrade for that money, I would recommend you run a 55W HID projector kit. It is what I run on my current JK, and the light output/spread is OEM quality, with a sharp perfectly horizontal cutoff, excellent spread, and the reliability of an HID bulb.


  8. #28
    Fresh Catch Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cda Idaho
    Posts
    10

    Aftermarket LED Headlights

    I just paid 600 for mine, weird. Yes, the beam pattern is different and not the absolute best but then again your getting a way better look than the factory, IMO. Yes, your right itís extremely difficult to find decent aftermarket lights. I am cool with Just stacking the sae rigid fogs in the bumper and you got a pretty decent set up. I have hids projectors in my Jk and they are very temperamental. They work great when they donít give me grief but I wouldnít purchase them again. On the road I canít complain with the quake led lights and they look 100000 times better as long as they are paired with a good set of secondary lights G2G! We all know when off road, thereís that feeling ďLET THERE BE LIGHT!Ē We turn on ever single thing and headlights literally could be off and you wouldnít know the difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Last edited by Justin; 10-20-2018 at 12:06 PM.

  9. #29
    Fresh Catch Justin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Cda Idaho
    Posts
    10
    Letís just agree to disagree and then agree once more. If you want the stockers saweet. If you want aftermarket you got hids and quake led right now. Thatís what the title says ďaftermarket led headlightsĒ


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

  10. #30
    Knows a Thing or Two WiscoHR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    I just paid 600 for mine, weird. Yes, the beam pattern is different and not the absolute best but then again your getting a way better look than the factory, IMO. Yes, your right itís extremely difficult to find decent aftermarket lights. I am cool with Just stacking the sae rigid fogs in the bumper and you got a pretty decent set up. I have hids projectors in my Jk and they are very temperamental. They work great when they donít give me grief but I wouldnít purchase them again. On the road I canít complain with the quake led lights and they look 100000 times better as long as they are paired with a good set of secondary lights G2G! We all know when off road, thereís that feeling ďLET THERE BE LIGHT!Ē We turn on ever single thing and headlights literally could be off and you wouldnít know the difference.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I guess I donít understand the buy for looks over function mentality. But itís your Jeep and your money so have at it.


    Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •