Aftermarket LED Headlights

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
What about quake led headlights? Then you get the puurty mall crawler colors too. I just love the look and color. I haven’t tried to change the colors but for 600 not complaining the hid projectors on my wife’s jk were 900.View attachment 6348

View attachment 6349

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Why not just get LED’s from the factory for $895 which has all led lights.

darrenroos

I know the topic is the headlight but the LED package also improves your taillights (as mentioned by others). The standard taillight reminds me of the JK whereas the LED taillight design makes it more obvious that it’s a JL. IMG_1871.jpg

Last edited:

Justin

Why not just get LED’s from the factory for $895 which has all led lights.

Main reason is I am not going to have the fogs because the front bumper, not going to have the turns because the new flares. Not going to care about the tail lights. Lol

My .02 jeeps are built not bought. More fun to order your parts and customize than order your Jeep on the website and have the same gear as the Californian from la with the 22s.

Justin

Main reason is I am not going to have the fogs because the front bumper, not going to have the turns because the new flares. Not going to care about the tail lights. Lol

My .02 jeeps are built not bought. More fun to order your parts and customize than order your Jeep on the website and have the same gear as the Californian from la with the 22s.

No offense to you at all or anyone else on here. just stating my elaborated opinion.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

Ah you’re the built not bought kinda guy. That explains a lot.

Just an FYI though, usually when people say built not bought, they mean that they actually build parts not order from a catalog but good luck to you. :crazyeyes:

Justin

Lol if I built headlights. It would be a absolute catastrophe. I think if most people who built cool builds would be pretty nervous about that one. I mean cmon man just stating the fun part of putting a build together not purchasing it from the factory where everyone can. That’s all. It gives it the unique look and performance that your neighbor who ordered his doesn’t have. Thats why people love jeeps so we can all build them in our own way. Like I said in all fun no offense.

NFRs2000NYC

The quake LED lights are $700 for the JL, which is $200 less than the $900 OEM mopar LEDs. From what I have seen, they have a pretty horrible spread/beam pattern, as do almost all aftermarket headlights, because as it turns out, headlights are actually incredibly complex, especially ones that have multiple LED diodes in them...as they require each lens to be angled at a specific angle, something I haven't seen ANY aftermarket company do. If you absolutely insist on a 7" upgrade for that money, I would recommend you run a 55W HID projector kit. It is what I run on my current JK, and the light output/spread is OEM quality, with a sharp perfectly horizontal cutoff, excellent spread, and the reliability of an HID bulb.

36914515121_bb1b2dd798_b.jpg

Justin

I just paid 600 for mine, weird. Yes, the beam pattern is different and not the absolute best but then again your getting a way better look than the factory, IMO. Yes, your right it’s extremely difficult to find decent aftermarket lights. I am cool with Just stacking the sae rigid fogs in the bumper and you got a pretty decent set up. I have hids projectors in my Jk and they are very temperamental. They work great when they don’t give me grief but I wouldn’t purchase them again. On the road I can’t complain with the quake led lights and they look 100000 times better as long as they are paired with a good set of secondary lights G2G! We all know when off road, there’s that feeling “LET THERE BE LIGHT!” We turn on ever single thing and headlights literally could be off and you wouldn’t know the difference.

Last edited:

Justin

Let’s just agree to disagree and then agree once more. If you want the stockers saweet. If you want aftermarket you got hids and quake led right now. That’s what the title says “aftermarket led headlights” [emoji38]

WiscoHR

I just paid 600 for mine, weird. Yes, the beam pattern is different and not the absolute best but then again your getting a way better look than the factory, IMO. Yes, your right it’s extremely difficult to find decent aftermarket lights. I am cool with Just stacking the sae rigid fogs in the bumper and you got a pretty decent set up. I have hids projectors in my Jk and they are very temperamental. They work great when they don’t give me grief but I wouldn’t purchase them again. On the road I can’t complain with the quake led lights and they look 100000 times better as long as they are paired with a good set of secondary lights G2G! We all know when off road, there’s that feeling “LET THERE BE LIGHT!” We turn on ever single thing and headlights literally could be off and you wouldn’t know the difference.

I guess I don’t understand the buy for looks over function mentality. But it’s your Jeep and your money so have at it.

NFRs2000NYC

I've been running my HID projectors for 5 years now over 2 JKs. THe headlights themselves, as you know, can't be temperamental, because they are just housings. If your setup is temperamental it just means you don't have a quality HID kit (bulb/ballast) setup. I also agree with Wisco, I can't see myself running a poorly performing headlight for looks. When I got my 2012 JK, I too hated the look/output of the OEM halogens, so I tried the good looking lights, they were downright dangerous because of how litte usable light (LUX) they put out on the road.

Justin

They aren’t dangerous lol by any means and aren’t bad at all. They just aren’t as bright as like a set of HID. The kit I got for the hids was from hidprojectors and were pretty dang expensive. They came with way more wires and the ballasts more variables to go wrong. They are better than oem and look better.....I don’t have anything against HID I just personally wouldn’t purchase again.

Justin

I should have spelt it out so you could understand. It wasn’t just the looks it was also performance it’s not the absolute best on the planet headlights “there’s always something better philosophy” . Lol again that doesn’t mean they are worse than factory. Or that I only purchased them for looks, they also look great.

Does that make sense?

WiscoHR

I should have spelt it out so you could understand. It wasn’t just the looks it was also performance it’s not the absolute best on the planet headlights “there’s always something better philosophy” . Lol again that doesn’t mean they are worse than factory. Or that I only purchased them for looks, they also look great.

Does that make sense?

Sounds like you should have just ordered the LEDs from the factory, because they are damn nice.

13_gecko_rubi

The thing not being mentioned is the quakes are a 7" light versus a 9" lamp on the JL. They basically repurposed a JK light. That's how they got them out so fast. They aren't nearly as well performing as the OEM JL ones. Others like JW are working on actual JL lamps and using the 9" size and extra depth to make good lamps. They just aren't out yet because it takes time.

Also anyone looking for JL LEDs look online. Hell I got my LED tail lamps for like $450 for both.

Sent via....

JLSahara

There aren’t any JL LED headlights online. Some Mopar retailers have quoted me an April 2019 release date. That’s probably why people are jumping on Quake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
For those saying there are better options than the factory LED’s have clearly never driven with the factory LED’s. I have trucklites on my JK and GF has factory LED’s on hers and the factory ones and leaps and bounds better.

13_gecko_rubi

There aren’t any JL LED headlights online. Some Mopar retailers have quoted me an April 2019 release date. That’s probably why people are jumping on Quake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting. As I ordered mine online last week and their are plenty at the warehouse. The Mopar "kit" is April 2019. Just order the lamps individually. They aren't cheap, ~$800 for both

Sent via....

13_gecko_rubi

For those saying there are better options than the factory LED’s have clearly never driven with the factory LED’s. I have trucklites on my JK and GF has factory LED’s on hers and the factory ones and leaps and bounds better.

Same here. The TL are much better than the JK halogens. The JL OEMs put them all to shame. Including the JK OEM LEDs.

Sent via....