Aftermarket LED Headlights

JLSahara

Interesting. As I ordered mine online last week and their are plenty at the warehouse. The Mopar "kit" is April 2019. Just order the lamps individually. They aren't cheap, ~$800 for both

Sent via....

What site and part #?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JLSahara

I'll have to look them up in morning. Not near my computer.

Sent via....

Awesome. Please let me know. I’ve been waiting on the Kit. Only issue i see with getting just the lamps (no Mopar wiring harness) is being able to run the DRL halos.

13_gecko_rubi

Awesome. Please let me know. I’ve been waiting on the Kit. Only issue i see with getting just the lamps (no Mopar wiring harness) is being able to run the DRL halos.

The kit won't let you either. The kit is just putting two lamps in one box and saving you a bit. To run the halos you need to run the wires to through the main body harness.

Sent via....

Spack

I've searched and maybe missed the answer, but is there some reason there are virtually no aftermarket headlights for the JL? Not too keen on dropping $1k+ for the LED package - that's pretty damn close to what my Dynatrac lift is gonna cost. I would think this would be one of the first popular aftermarket items out there :thinking:

I’m in the same boat because I couldn’t find my Jeep with all the options I wanted, so had to give up the LED’s. My wife, who’s not a Jeep person, even agreed that it needs the LED kit. Quadratec is selling the Mopars for $940. Just for the headlights. Still need the fogs, fenders and tails. If you can, get the LED package. Hopefully the market brings something soon.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

13_gecko_rubi

It's because JL uses 9" headlamps. Not 7" like the past decades. So aftermarket folks have to tool up new housings. This takes up to or over a year to do once the design is done. It's going to be awhile. And when they are released I bet the MOPARs seem cheap in comparison. Unless you buy El cheapo Chinese ones.

Sent via....

JAGS

It's because JL uses 9" headlamps. Not 7" like the past decades. So aftermarket folks have to tool up new housings. This takes up to or over a year to do once the design is done. It's going to be awhile. And when they are released I bet the MOPARs seem cheap in comparison. Unless you buy El cheapo Chinese ones.

Sent via....

Guess I’ll be waiting for someone to “upgrade” their factory. [emoji6] Had I have know the mopars would be that much, I would have gone with full LED from the a factory.

13_gecko_rubi

Guess I’ll be waiting for someone to “upgrade” their factory. [emoji6] Had I have know the mopars would be that much, I would have gone with full LED from the a factory.
For sure. Had I been able to i would have. But not possible on Sport yet. I will be testing some aftermarket ones soon. Will share how they work.

Sent via....

JAGS

For sure. Had I been able to i would have. But not possible on Sport yet. I will be testing some aftermarket ones soon. Will share how they work.

Sent via....

I’ve seen some brackets, but then you have that 1” gap. Interested to see what you might get your hands on. [emoji106]

Back In Black

For those saying there are better options than the factory LED’s have clearly never driven with the factory LED’s. I have trucklites on my JK and GF has factory LED’s on hers and the factory ones and leaps and bounds better.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I can attest to that.
The headlamps on the JL (LED), are really nice - much better than the 3 aftermarket companies I installed on my old JK (trying to find that elussive headlamp that simply provides the vision any car of our era should).

You will regret not ordering this option, I knew I wasn't making that decision.

MoparMari

Brackets from Titan Offroad I picked up on Black Friday with their halo LEDs. Installed this morning. Very easy install. Haven’t wired for halo just yet but that’s because I didn’t want to go to the store for a few needed supplies. There is a bit of a gap though. Also installed some Diode Dynamics LED switchback bulbs and fogs. Really happy with the look. 56538342624__9E6AEBD9-353B-4F96-951D-039F725E3133.jpg56538341345__640F5324-D68D-4718-84CC-7CB69E893C9A.jpg56538113642__ED99FD85-B874-4298-94C4-2BB2E22CBBB7.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Switching from a 9in halogen to a 7in led isn’t pointless at all. I can actually see the road now. That size has been standard for quite some time, definitely not giving up anything with the switch.

Umm, changing out the bulbs in the factory 9" housing would have cost a LOT less and would have STILL given you a LOT more light to see with. I've done it on the Renegade I used to have and the difference was significant. Just sayin.

JLSahara

Might be just me but I like the housings on the 9-inch halogen Jeep. Makes it look classic, but the halogen lights do suck. I’ve been debating the 7-inch but it does seem kind of pointless to downgrade on size. I’ve been weighing both options very heavily. Might try the bulb replacement function for a few months and see if anything new in the market comes out next year.

Light bulb replacement wise, is Oracle lighting or Diode Dynamics the better option?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Might be just me but I like the housings on the 9-inch halogen Jeep. Makes it look classic, but the halogen lights do suck. I’ve been debating the 7-inch but it does seem kind of pointless to downgrade on size. I’ve been weighing both options very heavily. Might try the bulb replacement function for a few months and see if anything new in the market comes out next year.

Light bulb replacement wise, is Oracle lighting or Diode Dynamics the better option?

Being that I haven't run either of them, I couldn't say for sure. When I did this on my Renegade, I used OPT7 and was very happy with them. For the relative low price of any of these replacement bulbs, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.