Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermarket LED Headlights

Aftermarket LED Headlights

I've searched and maybe missed the answer, but is there some reason there are virtually no aftermarket headlights for the JL? Not too keen on dropping $1k+ for the LED package - that's pretty damn close to what my Dynatrac lift is gonna cost. I would think this would be one of the first popular aftermarket items out there

The JL uses 9" housings as opposed to smaller and more traditional 7" headlights. This allows the JL headlights to yield something like 20% more light. Also, instead of replacing the entire headlight, you can simply replace the bulb with an LED, just like you can on a Renegade. Having done it, I can tell you that it makes a BIG difference and for a hell of a LOT LESS money.

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    The JL uses 9" housings as opposed to smaller and more traditional 7" headlights. This allows the JL headlights to yield something like 20% more light. Also, instead of replacing the entire headlight, you can simply replace the bulb with an LED, just like you can on a Renegade. Having done it, I can tell you that it makes a BIG difference and for a hell of a LOT LESS money.
    Aha - I missed that detail. Just replacing the bulb is what I'll likely do. Man, I don't mind spending money but damn, that's a little stiff. And that's coming from someone that spent $500 or so on Trucklite's for my JK 4 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by ddays v2 View Post
    Aha - I missed that detail. Just replacing the bulb is what I'll likely do. Man, I don't mind spending money but damn, that's a little stiff. And that's coming from someone that spent $500 or so on Trucklite's for my JK 4 years ago
    I dunno. It's up there in cost but you get a lot more than just the headlights - ALL your lights are LED with the package and they're kinda nice.

Kinda pricey but IMO I think it's worth it. I love how bright these new headlights are and with some black in the housing it gives off a great look to them as well. I also like the design of the tail lights making them different than the traditional style.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    I dunno. It's up there in cost but you get a lot more than just the headlights - ALL your lights are LED with the package and they're kinda nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by StingRubi19 View Post
    Kinda pricey but IMO I think it's worth it. I love how bright these new headlights are and with some black in the housing it gives off a great look to them as well. I also like the design of the tail lights making them different than the traditional style.

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    I guess I need to do more research. I stopped in and went over some options with my salesman buddy but I was just doing some general pokin around. I thought the LED package was probably more than just the headlights but didn't realize it was all of the lights. And I agree, those taillights are pretty cool.

Get the LED package or you’ll regret it like I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ——

JL Saharacon
    EVO Stage 2 | Pro Comp 35x12.5xr18 | Fuel D608 18x9
    Not your average Sahara

Nothing but a Thing doubletapdaddy's Avatar
    I have to concur. LEDs are the way to go. Besides, you'll never miss the money unless you look at your window sticker frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by JLSahara View Post
    Get the LED package or you’ll regret it like I am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by doubletapdaddy View Post
    I have to concur. LEDs are the way to go. Besides, you'll never miss the money unless you look at your window sticker frequently.
    Yeah, I'm guilty of getting a case of the cheapies now and again and then regretting it.

That dude from Mississippi notnalc68's Avatar
    I’d spring for the headlight option.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast