Aftermarket LED Headlights

Spack

Light bulb replacement wise, is Oracle lighting or Diode Dynamics the better option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I’m not mistaken, JLs use a H13 bulb and I could not find one of those on Diode Dynamics, or halos either. Oracle has replacement bulbs and a halo kit that fits the 9” round and ties into the DLR. I don’t have any experience with either company so I can’t speak to their quality.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

MoparMari

Umm, changing out the bulbs in the factory 9" housing would have cost a LOT less and would have STILL given you a LOT more light to see with. I've done it on the Renegade I used to have and the difference was significant. Just sayin.

I guess I should say I also like the look of these halo lights, 7in or otherwise. If I didn’t get a Black Friday deal I was going to switch out the bulbs until aftermarket caught up with 9in halos. Luckily this works for me so I’m pretty happy. Wave when ya see me [emoji1481]

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Factory LEDs would have cost me almost 3x the price. Honestly I really love the look on those but wasn’t an option I found on many Sport S models on the lot. If I built one it definitely would’ve been on the list of must haves.

Well no, probably not. The factory LED’s come with more than just headlights. So the package, yes, maybe more. Not just for the lights though.

MoparMari

Well no, probably not. The factory LED’s come with more than just headlights. So the package, yes, maybe more. Not just for the lights though.

Lol probably realized this was unnecessary when you typed it out but yes I’m well aware of the package deal not just being headlights. Simply wasn’t looking to spend $895 but I’m happy with what I have so thanks [emoji1481]

JLSahara

Being that I haven't run either of them, I couldn't say for sure. When I did this on my Renegade, I used OPT7 and was very happy with them. For the relative low price of any of these replacement bulbs, I don't think you can really go wrong with any of them.

Did you need the TIPM stabilizing resistor on the OPT7’s?

JLSahara

If I’m not mistaken, JLs use a H13 bulb and I could not find one of those on Diode Dynamics, or halos either. Oracle has replacement bulbs and a halo kit that fits the 9” round and ties into the DLR. I don’t have any experience with either company so I can’t speak to their quality.

Here’s the Diode Dynamics link

https://www.diodedynamics.com/hi-lo...eep-jl-wrangler.html?aw_autorelated_rule_id=2

Supercharged

I installed a set if LED bulbs in the halogen housing of my Sport S. Threw in led fogs and led switchbacks and love it. Much better than the halogen stock lighting. Not even sure LED was an option for the Sport S honestly.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JLSahara

Thanks for the info. Might go with an amazon pair as well since I have prime and it’s a lot cheaper than some alternatives, for now. I’m hoping in 2019 some LED units come out.

WWRuby_Svi

Jeeeep

damn, I should've read a bit more on the site before doing my JL search. I was on the fence for over the LED kit and would've put it on the "have" the list.

oh well, we'll get some bulbs and see what kits are released next year :thumb: