Jeep JL rotopax mounting.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
They’ve had that out for a long time. It works okay but the real question is what do you need rotopax for in Moab? :thinking:

I'd have to agree. There really is no need for extra gas in Moab. All the trails are right out of town and the JL gets great MPG :yup:

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
It is really not for moab. We are driving thru Nevada , new Mexico, and texas on the way back to SC and that's what I was thinking we needed fuel for. Taking the route thru Colorado going to moab.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

If it’s mostly pavement, again, why do you need them? If it’s just for looks, cool but I would wait to get a better mount. Hell I run rotopax empty most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We were planning on hitting up some trails along the way. More for peace of mind really.

LOL!! I live in a state where you can literally drive about 200 HIGHWAY MILES before you reach the next gas station. It's maybe the one place I "sometimes" bring extra gas with me but more times than not, I don't. I have literally traveled and wheeled across the country and I can tell you, it's hard as hell to run out of gas. I mean, it really takes a total lack of planning to come close.

That being said, if you want em, you should get em. I'm sure they'd look cool on your Jeep :yup:

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
On my JK I have rotopax mounted on the inside of my OR-fab carrier. 97% of the time they are empty. The other 3% of the time is when I use them to get gas for the jet ski since it sits in the water most of the time and gas is cheaper on the road than in the water.

The one trip I did fill them is when I drove from PA to Moab to wheel with both WAYALIFE and overlanderjl. They were full until I pulled into Moab and I decided to empty them while was waiting for everyone else to show up since I was an hour early lol.

Long story short, save your money, you will be fine.