Cracked windsheild

mdushawn

Does anyone have data points for the generic glass replacement? I got the MOPAR glass first replacement and its gotten cracked up again. Would like to hear something like 10k miles and survived 10 hits without cracking. My MOPAR glass lasted about 3k miles. Initially took 4 hits with minor pits, but the last 3 really wore it out.

JTCO

Meme King
Does anyone have data points for the generic glass replacement? I got the MOPAR glass first replacement and its gotten cracked up again. Would like to hear something like 10k miles and survived 10 hits without cracking. My MOPAR glass lasted about 3k miles. Initially took 4 hits with minor pits, but the last 3 really wore it out.

IMO, glass is glass. I've worked at a glass shop (years ago) and worked with several different brands as well as have had several different brands on my own vehicles. Haven't seen anything that really doesn't break when something hits it.

mdushawn

Comprehensive insurance with no deductible. Pays for itself with jeeps.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Yea I live in AZ so I have the comprehensive glass coverage. This will be windshield #3 since April so I just wanted to check. If generic glass is just as good as the MOPAR glass then I dont need to insist on getting it. Glass tech told me that the insurance will try to limit you to 1 factory replacement, but if some are in stock the repair company would still install the genuine glass. Came about because I saw in a thread that the premium sound group has a different windshield to help with the acoustics.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Si Mon

Welcome newest member to JL CWC (Cracked Windshield Club)

20 minutes after leaving the dealer with my brand new JL, yep you got it...ran into a people and I have a nice big crack in my windshield. When will this problem ever be solved? I am going to check with the dealer to see if this is covered under warranty before I call my insurance company. Not happy.

dixonk

20 minutes after leaving the dealer with my brand new JL, yep you got it...ran into a people and I have a nice big crack in my windshield. When will this problem ever be solved? I am going to check with the dealer to see if this is covered under warranty before I call my insurance company. Not happy.

You ran into people and cracked your windshield...you’re worried about warranty on your windshield?[emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

Are the people you ran over okay?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King

IMG_20191023_192104_311.jpg........

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

How fucking stupid are you? On the scale of 1 to 10 kids with your sister, where do you rank?

Last edited:

JL_John

Best thread ever. Guy runs over a pedestrian and he’s gonna call the dealer about replacing the windshield he cracked in the process. LMFAO.

ReneXXC

I’m literally laying in bed reading this thread and laughing my ass off [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk