Torque settings for Fox shocks in the Dynatrac 2" Lift

aug0211

Good news, mine arrived this morning!

Anyone have instructions on what to torque everything to?

:) couldn’t resist. Joking aside, I’m enough of a nervous n00b that I can confidently say I will likely have some questions along the way. Hoping this group can be patient with me as I go through the install :)

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JP223/3USA

Good news, mine arrived this morning!

Anyone have instructions on what to torque everything to?

:) couldn’t resist. Joking aside, I’m enough of a nervous n00b that I can confidently say I will likely have some questions along the way. Hoping this group can be patient with me as I go through the install :)

On the the instructions tools needed you need to add a 21 mm socket to disconnect the axle side trackbar. I always organize my tools on my creeper since I am mostly on my butt taking components off. This will allow you to slide the creeper with you as you take parts off Also, the parts you take off the jeep make sure to loosely put the bolts back on their brackets so you don’t get confused on which bolts are which

WiscoHR

On the the instructions tools needed you need to add a 21 mm socket to disconnect the axle side trackbar. I always organize my tools on my creeper since I am mostly on my butt taking components off. This will allow you to slide the creeper with you as you take parts off Also, the parts you take off the jeep make sure to loosely put the bolts back on their brackets so you don’t get confused on which bolts are which

That’s great advice! I always have the habit of setting a tool down somewhere. Then spending 10 minutes trying to find where I set it when I need it again.

JP223/3USA

Torque settings for Fox shocks in the Dynatrac 2" Lift

That’s great advice! I always have the habit of setting a tool down somewhere. Then spending 10 minutes trying to find where I set it when I need it again.

My first ever lift kit install was a complete mess. Lots of getting up and down and having tools scattered all over the place. Frustration kicked in and I was second guessing my decision to do the install myself. The end result was worth the frustration.

Last edited:

Dynatrac

Supporting Advertiser
Supporter
I want everyone to know that Fox and Dynatrac are continuing to pay close attention to any concerns.

Fox and Dynatrac have conducted numerous tests. Even though we’ve had success in the lab, and on our test vehicles using the OE torque values, we’ll continue to follow-up. We are still looking into why some folks have seen different results. We do not doubt the veracity of their experience, and of course we will help any customer going forward. Please don’t hesitate to call Dynatrac if you need support.

While Dynatrac has been posting, I want to point out that both Fox and Dynatrac have taken this very seriously. We’ve had the direct participation and support of Fox Engineering, Business Development, and even VP level executives. I think that says volumes about the partner Dynatrac chose for our first suspension program.

As a matter of transparency I’ve attached a short video clip showing how Fox worked to duplicate the issue of a few good customers in the field. The test bolt was even machined down to allow for more mis-alignment, and the shock was installed at severe angles on the bench and in a vehicle. We’ve not effectively duplicated the problem, but we are still looking into it.

In the meantime we have tested and are recommending the 60-65 lb-ft torque value for both upper and lower shock bolts. We do not question FCA’s bolt torque, however we are confident that 60-65 lb-ft is safe, effective, and we will continue our testing at that rating. If we make any changes, for any reason, we will make sure all customers are advised and supported.

[video]https://vimeo.com/user91667863/review/300395220/c563098dd0[/video]

benatc1

Thank you for the continued follow up, this is one of the main reasons why dynatrac is constantly recommended as a company here and on Wayalife. Customer service and quality is why I'll continue to buy dynatrac products

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

aug0211

Thank you for the continued follow up, this is one of the main reasons why dynatrac is constantly recommended as a company here and on Wayalife. Customer service and quality is why I'll continue to buy dynatrac products

Sent from my SM-N960U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Agreed. The communication and customer service from Dynatrac has been outstanding.

Looks like the video is down, would love to see it if it goes back up.

Thanks DT for such awesome communication!

aug0211

Rear install done, no major issues or challenges. I’m very slow at the install, as anticipated. No power tools - proving something to myself, I guess / other than an impact with a hex bit to remove the sway bar links.

Did not remove the new shocks after installing to check the crush sleeves... followed the new torque specs and hoping for the best.

Front coming tomorrow, hopefully (or Sunday).IMG_1848.JPG