Cloth vs Leather seats?

Jeep_Wrangled

Why did you choose what you have? I chose cloth for my wife’s JLUS, can’t decide what I want in my JLUR... I’ve had the smittybilt vinyls in my ‘79 CJ7, stock vinyls in my ‘90 YJ and liked them. I have no experience with today’s leather, looking for your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Lsp408

I did not get leather because I like the feel of cloth seat. I do wish cloth interior comes with arm rest in back seat.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi

JTCO

Meme King
I've owned both. They each have pros/cons. Overall I would still prefer leather. Leather does get hot and you get sweaty on a hot day. But leather is so easy to clean. Our JK has cloth and we put neoprene covers on last year. Overall we like it, but the neoprene also retains heat, and on a hot day, you get sweaty.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've owned both. They each have pros/cons. Overall I would still prefer leather. Leather does get hot and you get sweaty on a hot day. But leather is so easy to clean. Our JK has cloth and we put neoprene covers on last year. Overall we like it, but the neoprene also retains heat, and on a hot day, you get sweaty.

I agree with that. My point is more that black leather gets hot as hell fire. The tan would certainly be better. I think gray should be an option for certain colors. Wear a pair of shorts, and hop in on that black leather...

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

MrGiant

Exactly why I chose tan leather, too. And: its a whole lot of money, these few extra bucks are just nothing to the rest. And: you get the silver grey dash, which I personally like more than the red one.
Noticed: didnt get the qoutation. Darrenroos had a few arguments that match with mine

Sent from my SM-G950F using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited: