3.6 motor, auto trans
Cold Weather Package
Tow and HD Group
Dual Top
LED Group
Electronic Infotainment sys group.

The waiting begins....

wibornz

Now to order the lift and the rear bumper and tire carrier. I already have the tires, wheels, Rock sliders, front bumper, winch, recovery accessories, and portable air compressor bought.

So when it comes home I can hear it a part.

Jetboy

Now to order the lift and the rear bumper and tire carrier. I already have the tires, wheels, Rock sliders, front bumper, winch, recovery accessories, and portable air compressor bought.

So when it comes home I can hear it a part.

Well your well on your way. I think I’m going to do the Same and lift it and put the bumpers on before the wife changes her mind..it’s kinda her Jeep. Lol

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, the wait is the hardest part but I think you're gonna love it - congrats! :thumb:

wibornz

I have followed you (Eddie) on this site and youtube and you are one of my main persons that have inspired me to buy a Rubicon.

LauraRose

Sounds like a beautiful JL you're waiting on! Congratulations!! Just curious what color you ordered? When you get time could you list some specs on the tires, wheels & other mods you have lined up? Thanks.

Laura Rose from PA

wibornz

Sounds like a beautiful JL you're waiting on! Congratulations!! Just curious what color you ordered? When you get time could you list some specs on the tires, wheels & other mods you have lined up? Thanks.

Laura Rose from PA

The color I ordered was white. I have been buying stuff right along for the Rubicon for about six months. I knew for sure that it would be a JLUR so I could go ahead and order parts. I have five Cooper STT PRO tires size 37X12.5 R17. They are mounted on ATX Slab beadlock wheels.

The tires filled up the back of my truck

I ordered two things from Roam Offroad. The Front Bumper and there rockslider/steps. I will also buy their rear bumper tire carrier when it become available. They have been super to work with.

Not my image, but this is what their bumper looks like on a white Rubicon
43031899_1951746331784403_9217364142111850496_n.jpg

These are the rockslider/side steps that I bought from Roam also: Not my pic, stole it from their facebook page.
36382779_1876611449297892_3999491709451894784_o.jpg

My wife bought me this wintch as a retirement gift. Would have preffered a Warn, but I can't be mad at her.
61Y8R9CVdQL._SL1500_.jpg

I bought this for my portable air compressor. Needed one that I could take with me in the motorhome as well as the Jeep. It came with 60 feet of air hose and will pump up a class A Motorhome tire.
81MsRW%2BL54L._SL1500_.jpg

I still need to order the lift. Pretty sure that I am going with the Rancho 2 in lift with the 9000 series adjustable shocks and still plan on ordering Roam Offroad rear bumper and tire carrier.

Also from Roam Offroad facebook page
30729786_1839577329667971_3318245173607400707_n.jpg

I have also bought various other things like recovery straps, tree savers, shackles, D, Rings, Jeep footpegs for when the doors are off.

I am looking at these window screens and an air mattress as we may spend some nights in the back of the jeep along the trail.

http://a.co/d/0BpCWLf

http://a.co/d/iFyWopG

My multi-year goal in retirement is to off road from Arizona to Alaska covering all the western states. We will pull the Jeep behind a Motorhome. Use the Motorhome as base camp and use the Jeep to explore. I do not plan on doing extreme stuff. I just want to be set up enough to increase our odds of not having to walk 60 miles out of the mountains. We are in it for the views.

When it gets cold and the mountains start to fill with snow, we will put the Motorhome and Jeep into storage where ever we are and spend our winters in Thailand. Fly back in the spring and resume our travel. We will be in NO HURRY.

Last edited: