30-inch LED Light Bar Hood Mount by Rough Country

OconRecon

Why ask opinions if you go against what everyone says? Just to draw attention to yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Easy answer.

Because I was hoping to hear from someone who actually had this on their Jeep. Check the OP.

All of the posts have been from owners who say this application isn't for them, but there isn't anyone who says they've tried it.

All honest opinions, and appreciated, but all the shade thrown thus far has been from owners who don't have it, so I took it with a grain of salt.

That's why.

Rgk401

A buddy of mine has it on his jl and he loves it. You will have to adjust the light so it don’t reflect on the hood. But he’s telling me if he had to do it over again he would put led lights on the bumper. I will try to get with him over the weekend and see if I can make a night video from inside his Jeep!

doubletapdaddy

Caught the Bug
A buddy of mine has it on his jl and he loves it. You will have to adjust the light so it don’t reflect on the hood. But he’s telling me if he had to do it over again he would put led lights on the bumper. I will try to get with him over the weekend and see if I can make a night video from inside his Jeep!

^^^^^ This right here.

OconRecon

OconRecon, I see in your signature that you have a hitch mounted cargo carrier. I've been thinking about picking one up. How do you like yours? If you could do it over would you pick a different brand or look for different features? I mainly need it for firewood, but I'll probably end up using it for other things as well.

Hey man, missed this. Sorry about that. Really like it. A little easier to take off than put on. Since I’m still in the honeymoon phase of ownership, I like it for mower gas cans etc. I’ll get over it eventually, but for now, it’s darn handy thing to have.

JTCO

Meme King
OconRecon, I see in your signature that you have a hitch mounted cargo carrier. I've been thinking about picking one up. How do you like yours? If you could do it over would you pick a different brand or look for different features? I mainly need it for firewood, but I'll probably end up using it for other things as well.

Hey man, missed this. Sorry about that. Really like it. A little easier to take off than put on. Since I’m still in the honeymoon phase of ownership, I like it for mower gas cans etc. I’ll get over it eventually, but for now, it’s darn handy thing to have.

We have one as well. We use it for firewood, kids' bikes, etc. It's an ugly motherfucker on the Jeep but man is it useful. Hangs in the garage out of the way when not in use. We got a cheap one that I've now seen re-branded by like 4 companies. If you plan on using it off-road though, it will get ravished on rock ledges. One downside for sure is that you have to unload to open your tailgate, so plan ahead with what you put where (that's what she said).

DSC05612.JPG

OconRecon

Okay, I’m mounted up. Pros and Cons.

Pros:
- Very low profile
- Very quiet (had to really listen for it on an interstate test - still not sure I was hearing the right thing)
- No drill installation
- Good looking
- Has a nice cover to go with
- Hood glare isn’t an issue. Hood illumination more like it, which is a non-issue for me. I’d call something with “glare” when the people in the front seat find it annoying on the eyes. The pics you’ll see on the web are pretty deceiving on this point.
- It’s nice and bright
- Finally allowed me to use an AUX switch - ha

Cons:
- Can’t fold down the windshield without uninstalling the light bar.
- Can open the hood normally, but can’t rotate the hood all the way back, and rest it on the wind shield.
- Hood illumination look may not be to your liking

Comments:
- This is kind of a light version of a light bar. Dip your toe in the water stuff.
- Agree with most on the thread if you’re trying maximize lighting, another option may be for you.
- The look, like many things, it totally based on one’s preference
- My use case - I’m more of a road warrior than trail warrior, and the look is what got me.
- It is as presented in the video and web image searches. No surprises, other than slightly more understated when not turned on, than I thought it’d be.

Bottom line:
- I like it for now and time will tell if this opinion holds.

Hope this helps others. The counterpoints on this thread were well made, imo. Thanks to all. Decided to try it despite the reservations brought forth here, as none of the cons were show-stoppers for me at this time. Maybe one day they will be.

Again, thanks guys and gals. Great forum here.

639DB1E1-F5B9-4D42-84CF-1DFF9FBD5D71.jpg
761F0012-B15B-4A69-88EE-E49D5E46FFCE.jpg
50C7A9FE-72CC-4103-9B19-0BCD01C1FE43.jpg
1E5C7106-DDE8-40EF-A642-224C11621471.jpg
CED452F7-CAD5-45EE-BE08-8AF102BD984E.jpg