Off-road Pages

BillArnett

At last

Finally after almost a year of waiting I now have the Off Road Pages. Had to take it to my dealer who unhelpfully said it “should have been downloaded over the air”. And then it took him six hours to do the job. :mad: Oh well, at least it’s done and I finally have the system I paid for.

Growlz

Finally after almost a year of waiting I now have the Off Road Pages. Had to take it to my dealer who unhelpfully said it “should have been downloaded over the air”. And then it took him six hours to do the job. :mad: Oh well, at least it’s done and I finally have the system I paid for.

Glad you got it taken care of. Got mine done earlier this week. I know the dealer wanted to charge me for the time involved for doing the update. That got resolved once I got Darlene from Jeep Cares involved.

If folks do need to go to the dealer for the update, make sure your dealer has the file in hand before going in. The majority of the time is the download from Jeep to the dealer. When I went, the update only took about an hour and a half from dropping off to getting the Jeep back. But they said it took about 3+ hours to download the file from Jeep.

BillArnett

Worth all the wait though?

Yeah. Now I have more silly things to complain about like: the latitude/longitude/altitude readout usually says "---" even though the Map knows perfectly well where we are; sometimes switching to another app and back to Off Road Pages" makes it update, sometimes not. And it takes a minute or so after starting up before the Off Road Pages app even appears on the home screen.

I'm just glad that I didn't buy my JL for all the electronic "goodies". Jeep's software isn't up to the same quality standard as its mechanics.

YAHAHA

I was perfectly happy with the display in the middle of the dash. Usually, at times when I'd like to know this info, I'm concentrating on not crashing. The kids love the ORP because they can see all the info from the back seat.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

DavidDJL69

I can now report that, after taking it to the dealer to get it done, I now have the offroad pages after receiving the UConnect update. FYI, the service dude was scratching his head trying to figure out how to get it paid under warranty but needed a reason. I told him my reason was because I didn’t get the “over the air” update and was told to take it to the dealer. In short, I didn’t have the offroad pages. Now I do! So if the dealer hedges maybe this might help a bit. Actually the offroad pages are pretty slick. Finally something is free but not without having to lead the process myself, first with UConnect and then with the Jeep dealer. Modern day “service.”

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

EugenetheJeep

Glad you got it taken care of. Got mine done earlier this week. I know the dealer wanted to charge me for the time involved for doing the update. That got resolved once I got Darlene from Jeep Cares involved.

If folks do need to go to the dealer for the update, make sure your dealer has the file in hand before going in. The majority of the time is the download from Jeep to the dealer. When I went, the update only took about an hour and a half from dropping off to getting the Jeep back. But they said it took about 3+ hours to download the file from Jeep.
Was the dealer using a dial up connection or a squadron carrier pigeons to deliver the files using 3 1/4 1.44Mb floppies??? And I thought Sprint data service was slow lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Growlz

Was the dealer using a dial up connection or a squadron carrier pigeons to deliver the files using 3 1/4 1.44Mb floppies??? And I thought Sprint data service was slow lol

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Hehe! And god help you if the file is corrupt and they have to re-download. It took them two tries at mine. The first update failed and they figured it was a bad downloaded file. The second time they used a service reps personal Jeep to make sure the file at least flashed ok before having me come in again. It went through the flash with his and it gave them no trouble on mine. All is good now.

DavidDJL69

I thought I posted this last night, but my age must be deceiving me! My Offroad Pages are back. They actually CAN send a direct message to your UConnect system and that’s what they finally did. I can’t say enough about the UConnect service rep who did everything she said she would even to calling me back when she said she would. Now it’s resolved, hopefully. They did this without my Taser JL hooked up, so now the question is whether I hook it up again. Not sure if the Taser had anything to do with its sudden disappearance, but I’m planning on enjoying this app for awhile before I decide. Wanted to update people to the fact that it IS possible for them to fix this without having to again take it to the dealer.

SouthCo

Thanks for the update. My 8.4” Uconnect isn’t showing the Off Road Pages. I plan to reach out about getting mine fixed. I checked and my unit has older software and needs to be updated....

IMG_5134.jpg

DavidDJL69

Your welcome. Now that I bought and had installed for awhile a Taser JL, I’m now wondering if it had anything to do with me losing the OR Pages not long after I actually received them through the dealer update. It’s unfortunate that Jeep can actually do the update on its own but has decided to put it on us to have it installed by the dealer. So far so good, but I’m still at a loss about whether to reinstall my Taser JL. I love the little gizmo and what it does, but I also think the OR Pages on the big screen is pretty handy as well. Good luck on your update.

WWRuby_Svi

Anybody still having issues with the Off-road Pages app? I had my dealer perform the software update which gave me the app for 1 day. Been gone since. They looked at it again when it was in for the steering damper recall and said they need to reinstall the software.

I’m ok trying this again but I’m hesitant to think it will work, just wanted to see what others have done to get the app to work and stay.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

YAHAHA

We just bought a 2019 and I didn't see the ORP were installed.

It's not just a Jeep, it's an amusement park on wheels.

SouthCo

I downloaded the software update onto a USB drive yesterday from the UConnect website and loaded it to my JL myself. Off Road Pages still working fine today...