2-Door JL Rubicon 315's and Dynatrac lift

drhcobra

So, trip to wheel was a bust. Maybe a good thing it was pretty muddy. I had to hit the rock pile to test out the Dynatrac lift a little.:thumb:
flex-1.jpgflex-2.jpgflex-3.jpgflex-4.jpgflex-5.jpgflex-6.jpg
Need to find a bigger rock pile I guess:cheesy:

Arrowhead

Did you check any ride height measurements before and after? They only list one kit, so I'm assuming you get more than 2" with a 2 door as it's probably designed for a 4dr?.

drhcobra

Did you check any ride height measurements before and after? They only list one kit, so I'm assuming you get more than 2" with a 2 door as it's probably designed for a 4dr?.

I started to but forgot in my haste to want to get out and play. Right now rear has 8" top of tire to bottom edge of fender, front about 9". I figure to lose some when I get around to adding bumpers and winch on the front. I was I bit concerned how it would look with the 315's and not 37's but I'm happy how it turned out. Just for visual comparison....

Stock
Jeep-5.jpg

315's no lift
Jeep-6.jpg

315's with lift
IMG_0474.JPG

Sorry not the same angle, hope that helps

drhcobra

I would add that if the Mopar lift is more like 3" I wouldn't want it on the 2-dr. I don't want any more angle on the front driveshaft CV boot. I will be keeping a close eye on that. The rear isn't as tight. FWIW

LVZen

I have a very similar project going on. This is a 2 door with 315/70/R17 BFG KO2s on Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 wheels, no lift. Tape measure shows about 7 inches between tire and fender on front, and 5 on back. I have LOD Destroyer bumpers (no winch) so perhaps factor in a bit more weight than dhrcobra's Jeep.

IMG_20190126_122932.jpgIMG_20190126_122739.jpgIMG_20190124_092855.jpg

Last edited:

VitaMeVas

Got the Dynatrac Lift installed, here's a quick look till I can get some better pictures. Also have the 1.75" Spydertrax spacers on.
View attachment 5962

Question. I thought the Rubicon JL was designed to run 35” tires without any lift or spacers needed. I realize you wanted to lift it (and great choice of lift), but are the spydertrax spacers needed? I’m planning on running a 4 door JL with 33” and 35” tires (not at the same time) depending on the trip (without lift yet).

drhcobra

Question. I thought the Rubicon JL was designed to run 35” tires without any lift or spacers needed. I realize you wanted to lift it (and great choice of lift), but are the spydertrax spacers needed? I’m planning on running a 4 door JL with 33” and 35” tires (not at the same time) depending on the trip (without lift yet).

You can run 35’s on the rubicon with no lift or spacers. There are a few guys that do on the forum and maybe they will chime in. Problem comes when you have a lot of flex then you will have some rubbing. I didn’t want to have to worry about that and I plan to jump to 37’s at some point and I can keep the same lift. I also like the look of the wider stance the spacers give you.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

drhcobra

I have a very similar project going on. This is a 2 door with 315/70/R17 BFG KO2s on Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 wheels, no lift. Tape measure shows about 7 inches between tire and fender on front, and 5 on back. I have LOD Destroyer bumpers (no winch) so perhaps factor in a bit more weight than dhrcobra's Jeep.

View attachment 8594View attachment 8595View attachment 8596

Hey nice Jeep. I have winch on now, settled. Old front waiting for rear.
IMG_0676.JPG

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
I started to but forgot in my haste to want to get out and play. Right now rear has 8" top of tire to bottom edge of fender, front about 9". I figure to lose some when I get around to adding bumpers and winch on the front. I was I bit concerned how it would look with the 315's and not 37's but I'm happy how it turned out. Just for visual comparison....

Stock
View attachment 6067

315's no lift
View attachment 6068

315's with lift
View attachment 6069

Sorry not the same angle, hope that helps

Such a good looking two door. I need to stop looking so I buy a four door. Lol