Wave from Oklahoma

dixonk

...well technically waving from the Middle East for now. Currently have a 2014 Ford Raptor and when I get back home will be trading it in for a Rubicon. Reading up on it and watching all the videos sure is making the time slow here in anticipation for getting back home. Love the videos Eddie!

Kevin

Mud Bug

Hello and welcome to JL Wrangler :) Hope you get home soon, and cannot wait to see your Rubicon! Have you been eyeballing any specific color yet?

dixonk

Hello and welcome to JL Wrangler :) Hope you get home soon, and cannot wait to see your Rubicon! Have you been eyeballing any specific color yet?

The only colors that seem to be a hard no are billet silver, yellow, and black. I like sting gray, ocean blue, mojito, white, punk n. I wasn’t planning on ordering so it will all depend on what the 5 or 6 Jeep dealers in my area have on the lot.

My bigger worry right now is engine selection.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

dixonk

Sounds like me... I was sold on Mojito! and then Punk'n.. but then I saw Ocean Blue... hubs loves Sting Gray.. and then it circles back around.

Ya I am pretty much good with any of them truthfully so long as it has all the options I want. Now it’s just a matter of trying out the different engines. Liking the idea of a diesel but not sure if I want to wait for however long it may take for that to start showing up on dealer lots. I have read too many half year wait stories for people waiting on the 2.0.

Undecided options:
leather vs cloth
3.6 vs 2.0

Everything else I want all the options minus the smokers group. Jeep will also be a Toad behind my motorhome and is the main reason I am trading in a Raptor for one.

dixonk

2 days and a wake up and I am CONUS again! Dealer has a Sting Gray Rubicon with all the options I want and have an internet price worked out already. Just need to remove my Baja Designs ONX6 20” light bar from the Raptor and head that way.

Hopefully by next week I will have a Jeep in my garage. Now just need to start getting parts list in order for flat towing behind my Class C.