Automatic Car wash problem - Jeep stays in neutral

sgkdhk

I use an automatic car wash that you stay in the Jeep and it pulls you through while in neutral. At the end the dash screen says to apply the brake and push the start button to go back into Drive. Nothing happens when I do this and the Jeep stays in neutral. I have to shut it down and then re start to get it into Drive. I have tried this both with seatbelt on and off but it’s the same. Any suggestions on how to exit the car wash and get the Jeep back into Drive?

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wish I could help you but I would never take my Jeep through an automatic car wash. That being said, all the new computer controlled stuff on the JL do have me feeling a bit uneasy at times and this is yet another reminder of that. Hopefully someone will be able to assist you.

13_gecko_rubi

I use an automatic car wash that you stay in the Jeep and it pulls you through while in neutral. At the end the dash screen says to apply the brake and push the start button to go back into Drive. Nothing happens when I do this and the Jeep stays in neutral. I have to shut it down and then re start to get it into Drive. I have tried this both with seatbelt on and off but it’s the same. Any suggestions on how to exit the car wash and get the Jeep back into Drive?

I've taken many JLs and my Ram (which also has an electronic trans) through car washes. Just have to apply brake a end to put in drive again. Have you tried not pressing start button? I used to take a JL through the auto wash weekly and never had an issue.

Sent via....

aug0211

No problems here and I go through regularly.

Ignition and engine stay on, vehicle goes to N and hands off the wheel.

Coming out the other end, it’s a tap of the brake and squeeze the shift trigger as I pull it back into D, and I’m off (to towel dry the thing for 30 minutes).

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

aug0211

sgkdhk

Ok, thank you all for the help and this is what ended up working. When exiting the car wash I hold the brake and then depress gear shift level and then pull the shifter into Drive which worked great. Just ignored the message that you needed to depress the start button.