JL JOURNAL : Who Eats a Gyro with Mayo?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Just because we can, Cindy and I packed up our Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited on a random Thursday morning and headed out to explore the infinitely vast, Northern Nevada desert. On this particular expedition, we decided to go looking for a secret destination that we'd heard about years ago and think we may have finally found. Along the way, we came across other unexpected things as well but of course, they're what make an adventure like this, so much fun. I know this episode of the JL JOURNAL is a bit of a departure from what a lot of you are used to seeing but in reality, it is what we love to do most and we hope you enjoy it just the same.

:cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Another great video coupled with a awesome drive and fossil hunt [emoji106][emoji106]

Thank you. I know it's not rock crawling but it is what we love doing most and we're so glad that you can appreciate it too :)

JTCO

Meme King
Love this stuff. I grew up in AZ and CO looking for rocks, fossils, etc. Great seeing this stuff.

NFRs2000NYC

It's amazing what you have available on your doorstep. Spectacular as usual. My convincing the wife to head out and wheel in nevada was gem hunting...so hopefully I can make that happen at some point. Maybe I'll ask you for a favor, I'll mail you a gem you can plant somewhere and send me the coordinates so I can make her feel like she actually found something lol. Which drone did you guys end up getting?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's amazing what you have available on your doorstep. Spectacular as usual. My convincing the wife to head out and wheel in nevada was gem hunting...so hopefully I can make that happen at some point. Maybe I'll ask you for a favor, I'll mail you a gem you can plant somewhere and send me the coordinates so I can make her feel like she actually found something lol. Which drone did you guys end up getting?

You know, there are multiple places out here that you can go gem collecting. Some you pay to dig and some you don't and you can still find sizable gems. When you head out this way, let me know and if we can make it work out, maybe we can make a trip out of it.

As far as drones go, we're actually on our 3rd one now. The other 2 were just way too big and a pain to use and carry and so we never did much with them. We're now using a Mavic Air and mainly because of its super compact size and quality in spite of it.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Man, the video quality just gets better, and better! That was a fun trip, I’ll bet.

I do have a question. I see you aren’t running a Rotopax. Is the JL getting good enough mileage that you don’t need one?

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Man, the video quality just gets better, and better! That was a fun trip, I’ll bet.

I do have a question. I see you aren’t running a Rotopax. Is the JL getting good enough mileage that you don’t need one?

Oh yeah, way better MPG than the JK. In spite of us being out in the middle of nowhere, some simple planning keeps us good to go. :yup:

JAGS

What an awesome day of exploration. Seems I could do that in my stock JL too. [emoji6] Have any more secret places to visit? [emoji41]