JL JOURNAL : Who Eats a Gyro with Mayo?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
First rule of Fossil Club: You do not talk about Fossil Club...

LOL!! That's about how it is. :cheesy:

What an awesome day of exploration. Seems I could do that in my stock JL too. [emoji6] Have any more secret places to visit? [emoji41]

Oh yeah, this was a trip made for a stock JL. As far as secret places go - they're secret :crazyeyes: :D

Very cool - thank you for sharing! What drone are you guys flying now?

Thanks! Currently, we're flying a Mavic Air. Super compact, better controls than the Spark and the camera quality isn't too bad.

Hohertz

Loving the style and editing yall are doing with these new videos! Keep it up. Great to follow along this adventure, thanks for sharing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
DJI is awesome - you could really see the quality in your aerial footage.

Agreed, DJI is the way to go. Have you seen the footage from the new Pro 2 with its Hasseblad camera? Super nice.

Loving the style and editing yall are doing with these new videos! Keep it up. Great to follow along this adventure, thanks for sharing.

It's always a risk to try new things and we're so glad to hear that you're enjoying our new videos. :cool:

Discount Tire

Advertiser
Supporter
Agreed, DJI is the way to go. Have you seen the footage from the new Pro 2 with its Hasseblad camera? Super nice.

I follow Casey Neistat and I watched his review of the Pro 2 & 2 Zoom and both are incredible drones but they are definitely up there in price!

Strainger

Ok. So maybe not a good idea re Mayo unless you have a fridge/freezer or cooler to keep the Mayo from going bad. But I am a garbage gut and would probably have looked at it like a highbred wrap and said yes just for the experimental taste. Who knows? Maybe the next big food trend.

The videos was cool; as always. I loved the music too (hello Trail Bud). I won't ask how you found this place. It always amazes me how you and Cindy find the most unique places in the middle of nowhere. You make it look so easy and smooth. I really look forward to each Way of Life production as it gets posted.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I follow Casey Neistat and I watched his review of the Pro 2 & 2 Zoom and both are incredible drones but they are definitely up there in price!

Oh yeah, the review Casey posted was really nice. I really like how he did all the side by side shots. Price is definitely up there though.

Ok. So maybe not a good idea re Mayo unless you have a fridge/freezer or cooler to keep the Mayo from going bad. But I am a garbage gut and would probably have looked at it like a highbred wrap and said yes just for the experimental taste. Who knows? Maybe the next big food trend.

The videos was cool; as always. I loved the music too (hello Trail Bud). I won't ask how you found this place. It always amazes me how you and Cindy find the most unique places in the middle of nowhere. You make it look so easy and smooth. I really look forward to each Way of Life production as it gets posted.

LOL!! Long time no see Tom. Hope you and Susan are doing well. We really need to get you two out there with us again. :thumb:

NFRs2000NYC

It's always a risk to try new things and we're so glad to hear that you're enjoying our new videos. :cool:

I still have the original mavic, and do love it, but the Hassy mavic has superb image quality. Having said that, you need quite a powerful home rig to process 4k footage at that bitrate, so the process gets quite long unless you have a $10,000 editing rig. I just got the new gopro7, sold my 5....it's an incredible piece of kit in a tiny package. The audio is VASTLY improved (massive complaint to anyone that has ever owned a gopro) but the hypersmooth tech is truly astounding...I thought it was a gimmick, but it isn't....it is ALMOST gimbal quality, and I use gimbals pretty regularly. It's amazing the tech we have today, for such a small package and a reasonable price. The one thing I don't like about the mavic air is DJI chose to use a wifi connection vs an RC connection, which makes it fairly unreliable in situations with obstacles. You had a wide open space so it wasn't as big of an issue, but I've used it on mountains with trees and such, and it would drop connection constantly, which is why I returned mine and stuck with the mavic pro.

Having said that, I think you guys do an awesome job for a 2 person crew, and like I said in previous threads on the topic, the only thing that really matters is the story. You can have the best video gear in the world, but if your story sucks, no crispy 4k footage is going to save you.

LauraRose

Another interesting and fun video, thanks!!

The Nevada visitor's bureau should have you & Cindy on their payroll, you guys have put "Wheeling in Nevada" on many Jeepers' bucket lists! And as others have commented, you & Cindy are growing as videographers & producers - and you as a comedian! ;)

The mayo idea was a bit nasty - that "R" in the transmission comes in handy in town too, lol.

Just curious, do you always run 87 octane in your JL? I've been using 93, but just checked the manual :doh: and it says there is no benefit so I'm going to start saving some greenbacks to add to my Jeep-Mod Fund!:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I still have the original mavic, and do love it, but the Hassy mavic has superb image quality. Having said that, you need quite a powerful home rig to process 4k footage at that bitrate, so the process gets quite long unless you have a $10,000 editing rig. I just got the new gopro7, sold my 5....it's an incredible piece of kit in a tiny package. The audio is VASTLY improved (massive complaint to anyone that has ever owned a gopro) but the hypersmooth tech is truly astounding...I thought it was a gimmick, but it isn't....it is ALMOST gimbal quality, and I use gimbals pretty regularly. It's amazing the tech we have today, for such a small package and a reasonable price. The one thing I don't like about the mavic air is DJI chose to use a wifi connection vs an RC connection, which makes it fairly unreliable in situations with obstacles. You had a wide open space so it wasn't as big of an issue, but I've used it on mountains with trees and such, and it would drop connection constantly, which is why I returned mine and stuck with the mavic pro.

Having said that, I think you guys do an awesome job for a 2 person crew, and like I said in previous threads on the topic, the only thing that really matters is the story. You can have the best video gear in the world, but if your story sucks, no crispy 4k footage is going to save you.

I've seen the reviews and footage from the GoPro 7 and it is impressive. If I were still flying a SOLO, I'm might have been interested in it. The WiFi is definitely a downside to the Air and there have been times where I've seen issues with it. Out in the desert like you see in this video, it does a lot better for sure. As you know, most of the filming we do is by hand and any drone footage we use is just icing on the cake.

Another interesting and fun video, thanks!!

The Nevada visitor's bureau should have you & Cindy on their payroll, you guys have put "Wheeling in Nevada" on many Jeepers' bucket lists! And as others have commented, you & Cindy are growing as videographers & producers - and you as a comedian! ;)

The mayo idea was a bit nasty - that "R" in the transmission comes in handy in town too, lol.

Just curious, do you always run 87 octane in your JL? I've been using 93, but just checked the manual :doh: and it says there is no benefit so I'm going to start saving some greenbacks to add to my Jeep-Mod Fund!:yup:

LOL!! We do love our Nevada - glad you enjoyed the video.

Regarding octane, yup, we've always run 87. We did so on our TJ and JK just like the manual recommended and now run it on our JL. :yup:

Geronimo

Really great video (as usual) and content that strikes a real cord with my wife and I. Our patio and several of our flower and shrubbery beds are full of our 30-35 years of being rock collectors. Rocks from Alaska to Arizona. Railroad spikes and nails, you name it. Many of our Jeep treks are just that and even on occasion we take along the metal detector. It is a passion of ours as well. Old stretches of unused RR track never fail to produce little "neat-o's". Most would say junk, we say "neat o". Our Jeeps have made these adventures just that much more enjoyable. Well done!:thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Really great video (as usual) and content that strikes a real cord with my wife and I. Our patio and several of our flower and shrubbery beds are full of our 30-35 years of being rock collectors. Rocks from Alaska to Arizona. Railroad spikes and nails, you name it. Many of our Jeep treks are just that and even on occasion we take along the metal detector. It is a passion of ours as well. Old stretches of unused RR track never fail to produce little "neat-o's". Most would say junk, we say "neat o". Our Jeeps have made these adventures just that much more enjoyable. Well done!:thumb:

LOL - Awesome and I'm glad to hear there are others like us as well. :cool: