Off-road pages

GrayBeard

It seams to be hit and miss and when it down loads works some times to no problems.

Mine, worked perfect for 2 days, then vanished. After 3-4 weeks it returned amd works about 85% of the time.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Last edited:

Saddletramp

Not sure if it's been asked yet, but you all without the update or issues, can you go to the dealer and have it directly updated, not via the airwaves???

I guess I lucked out, when I picked up my 18' last month, the offroad pages were already on there I guess from the factory???

Shadowfire

So went to get the weld recall done and asked them to look at my radio and upload the update or verify it completed etc.. the thing has been so screwy since the update. Anyway they said they checked it and all was good no problems...so I asked the service writer to join me in my Jeep for a demonstration..I started the Jeep and the radio was locked up couldn’t access any screens...so I waited...nothing..so I looked at her shocked expression..you checked it and it didn’t do this..ok shift into reverse and back out..now radio works...switch over to app page 4 apps missing then they appear....shutdown wait restart no apps wait they appear..she says bring it back next week we may need to replace it....to be honest I don’t think they looked at it. It acts like an update that hasn’t completed and is stuck in a loop. But if the answer is an expensive replacement...knock yourself out.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
So went to get the weld recall done and asked them to look at my radio and upload the update or verify it completed etc.. the thing has been so screwy since the update. Anyway they said they checked it and all was good no problems...so I asked the service writer to join me in my Jeep for a demonstration..I started the Jeep and the radio was locked up couldn’t access any screens...so I waited...nothing..so I looked at her shocked expression..you checked it and it didn’t do this..ok shift into reverse and back out..now radio works...switch over to app page 4 apps missing then they appear....shutdown wait restart no apps wait they appear..she says bring it back next week we may need to replace it....to be honest I don’t think they looked at it. It acts like an update that hasn’t completed and is stuck in a loop. But if the answer is an expensive replacement...knock yourself out.

She actually told you they didn’t look at it? What a jackass.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass
Its not a bad radio, its a horrible service department. Unfortunetly there are poor service departments out there. Check with your local clubs to see where to take it for great qualified service.

How about he checks here and sends a message to JeepCares on here or posts asking for help?

You’re a part of this forum for the info, have some respect for the owners of it and not send people to other places for info.

unaseer

My radio did the same things you described. The issues you are experiencing are software related. Please don't let them change your hardware (radio) for a software issue. I know it's annoying to deal with these types of problems, on brand new Jeeps. Hang in there.

Shadowfire

No, they told me they did check it and all was fine. The look on her face when she saw it doing exactly what I described...well it was a master card commercial. I don’t think I’m at the point of up channeling this to a higher level yet I truly believe she was told by the mechanic he checked, maybe he even did but now I think I have their attention. I will keep you guys informed.

GrayBeard

OverlanderJL

First, don't make accusations that I don't have respect for Eddie, his wife or his forum. I have great respect for them and have been a member for years. I find it very insulting that you would even try suggesting that I don't respect them or this forum.

This is awesome forum, but it has members from all over the United States, Canada and Europe. Unfortunately Eddie, as good as he is doesn't know all the great dealerships in the U.S., therefore checking with a local club makes sense. It's not slighting this forum at all.

Jeep Care is fantastic, they have assisted me on several occasions with excellent results. But they are limited, especially when they have to rely on a dealership and or the dealership mechanics to do something they are not up to doing, for what ever reason. There are bad service departments unfortunately, we have them here and we have fantastic ones also. Jeep Care is awesome, but they are at the mercy of the service department too at times.

Last edited:

Growlz

Still waiting on mine as well. I'll need an oil change soon, does anyone know if this is an update the dealer can do?