Lift confusion

Jetboy

Well I guess I have to much time to over research before the JL gets here. I’m having a hell of a time deciding on a lift kit.

I know I’ll get a 100 different answers but, what do y’all think.

2019 rubicon
Start with 35s as it will drive on the street mostly.
I’m putting bumpers front and back, with a tire carrier.
Lod sliders. Winch.
So I’m adding a lot of weight right off the bat.
Most likely will change wheels also, understand set back can be an issue with some. Not sure I want to change the front drive shaft but I don’t want to have issues.

Don’t really want to do it twice. Not that I can’t go small. I’m just afraid of not being happy and waisting time and cash.

I’m considering all, even the mopar 2”, to the high $ 3.5 inch lifts.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GrayBeard

Im currently running the Mopar 2" lift and 37 and am very happy with it so far. If I did it over, I think I do the Duratrac lift (wasnt available when I got my JLUR) as it has excellent reviews on and off road and clears 37 a little better than the Mopar lift. Just my thoughts

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WiscoHR

WiscoHR, I can’t even find a price on that coil over system.lol I understand your excitement but I think that’s a bit over my budget. This time around.

Sent from my iPad using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Yeah it’s probably more than I need too. Right now I’m running the EVO 2.5” Enforcer coils and have been very happy with them. I think with the king shocks it would be even better. I’d definitely recommend the EVO coils in either the 2.5 or 3.5 variety.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Ben10Beers

Same boat

Did you figure out what lift you are going to go with yet? I am in the exact same boat I just ordered a 2019 JLU Rubicon.

I'm doing 37's and have pretty much everything picked out just have to finalize on the lift and wheels. Currently i'm set on the JKS JSpec 3.5" kit without the shocks then going to do the Falcon 3.3 Fast adjust piggyback shocks. But i'm only maybe 90% sold haha.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Did you figure out what lift you are going to go with yet? I am in the exact same boat I just ordered a 2019 JLU Rubicon.

I'm doing 37's and have pretty much everything picked out just have to finalize on the lift and wheels. Currently i'm set on the JKS JSpec 3.5" kit without the shocks then going to do the Falcon 3.3 Fast adjust piggyback shocks. But i'm only maybe 90% sold haha.

Is there a specific reason why you'd want to run TeraFlex shocks or was their marketing really just that good?

JTCO

Meme King
..... then going to do the Falcon 3.3 Fast adjust piggyback shocks. But i'm only maybe 90% sold haha.

I'd run no shocks and just limit straps before I'd run Teraflex shocks. Their reputation for overpriced shit that breaks due to poor quality control and product quality isn't worth the risk IMO.

Ben10Beers

Is there a specific reason why you'd want to run TeraFlex shocks or was their marketing really just that good?

Not overly I just always liked the look of their stuff and heard that it was pretty good. Also have a friend that is a manager at a off road shop in the area that has always spoke very highly of their product and overall quality and after sales service. As for the shocks i like the idea of being able to adjust the stiffness, that was always one complaint I had with my JK. Wasn't as nice of a ride as I though it could be. Your way more in the know then me so i'm totally open to suggestions.

You guys probably all know more than I do im sure there is another brand of shock that I can adjust like Fox. I know that's what Mopar uses.

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Not overly I just always liked the look of their stuff and heard that it was pretty good. Also have a friend that is a manager at a off road shop in the area that has always spoke very highly of their product and overall quality and after sales service. As for the shocks i like the idea of being able to adjust the stiffness, that was always one complaint I had with my JK. Wasn't as nice of a ride as I though it could be. Your way more in the know then me so i'm totally open to suggestions.

You guys probably all know more than I do im sure there is another brand of shock that I can adjust like Fox. I know that's what Mopar uses.

Just because something "looks" good doesn't mean that it "is" good. Being that this manager at an off road shop is a friend, I won't say what I normally would and that's off road shop salesmen will always push what they stock or are out to make the most profit on. Me, I've personally installed and tested out a number of TeraFlex products over the years and have found the quality of them to be sub-standard. I have personally seen multiple products of theirs fail time and time again including their tire carrier, control arm joints, long arm brackets and yes, even their Falcon shocks. I would NOT recommend them.

As far as shocks go, if you're running coils with a nice spring rate and a good set of monotube shocks, there should be no need to adjust them for different terrain. Fox is a good brand, King is probably one of the best but if you're working on a budget, there's always Rancho and their 9000's which are adjustable.

Resqnu

I have the Dynatrac Enduro Sport 2" with 37 STT Pros and couldn't be happier. I had the Mopar 2" w/35s on my 2017 and IMO I prefer the Dynatrac. Mine is a DD 90% and playing off road on the east coast for now. Headed out west next summer.

Last edited:

JTCO

Meme King
I have the Duratrac Enduro Sport 2" with 37 STT Pros and couldn't be happier. I had the Mopar 2" w/35s on my 2017 and IMO I prefer the Duratrac. Mine is a DD 90% and playing on the east coast for now. Headed out west next summer.

Duratrac or Dynatrac?