Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: JL Wrangler AUXILIARY SWITCHES

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_01 View Post
    For those who want to install the aux after. Are all the wires & connectors plumbed in & its just a plug & play? The jl we found didn't have that option & didn't want to order one from the factory.
    You have to buy the kit, look online and you will see itís a wire harness and switch body. This get installed into the dash and get routed into the engine bay by the battery and to the passenger footwell. Once installed the dealership can do a software update or maybe the new Tazer can turn it on. Once programmed the switches are controlled through the touch screen I believe. Everything is plug and play. Iíll be doing this in the future as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I just had mine done at the dealership $375 for the switches and $300 for install took 5 hrs. 1st one they did. It does not work in conjunction with touch screen

How do you program the switches for their different modes of operation? I thought this was through the touch screen?

There are 4 wires to connect to under the hood and also 4 under the dash. This doesnít give yo 8 just options for inside the cabin if needed. Each wire is labeled aux1 and so on

Knows a Thing or Two BillArnett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WWRuby_Svi View Post
    How do you program the switches for their different modes of operation? I thought this was through the touch screen?

That's right. They can be configured via the Uconnect to be either latching or momentary and either always on or only on with the ignition.
    2018 JLUR Granite, 3.6L auto, all the goodies; ARB "Quad" on-board air, Cooper STT Pro 37x13.5R17, Pro Comp Predator 17x8.5 wheels, Rubicon Express 2.5" lift, King remote res shocks, aFe Rock Basher exhaust, LoD Destroyer Shorty front & rear bumpers, LoD Signature rock sliders, Warn Zeon 10-S

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    any write ups on how connect say a light bar? Do you connect to all wires under hood and in footwell?
    Nice simple vid:

2018 Granite Crystal Metallic JLUR
    - American Racing ATX Wheels - AX195 18x9, with Nitto Ridge Grappler 35x12.50R18LT tires - no lift kit, no spacers, no rub
    - RockSlide GenII StepSliders w/ LED, RC 30" hood-mount lightbar, Hooker Blackheart Axle-Back Exhaust, WARN VR Evo winch, Hothead Headliners
    - 67 Designs JL MagMount G2, Highland Hitch Mount Cargo Carrier, GPCA Headrest Grab Handles
    - Rugged Ridge 3rd Brake Light LED Ring & Elite Headlight Euro Guards

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456