Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: JL Wrangler AUXILIARY SWITCHES

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    any write ups on how connect say a light bar? Do you connect to all wires under hood and in footwell?
    Under hood or interior. Not both. Light bar would be under hood.

Sent via....

Caught the Bug
    Do you all know how much current each wire can handle? I was wondering if the hot inside can handle the 13 amps required by most ham radios.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by 13_gecko_rubi View Post
    You don't need to waste a switch on cb. There is an ignition hot 12v circuit inside as part of switch package. Wire cb to that. If u don't want it on just turn cb switch off.

Sent via....
    I like this guy. Thanks for all the insight, brother!

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChucklesStart View Post
    Do you all know how much current each wire can handle? I was wondering if the hot inside can handle the 13 amps required by most ham radios.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Both the constant 12V and ignition 12V tied to the aux switch group are rated at 10A. For HAM you'd need to use one of the aux switches. They are rated at 40A for switch 1 and 2 and 15A for switch 3 and 4.

Sent via....

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellico View Post
    I like this guy. Thanks for all the insight, brother!
    Any time!

Sent via....

You don't need to waste a switch on cb. There is an ignition hot 12v circuit inside as part of switch package. Wire cb to that. If u don't want it on just turn cb switch off.

Sent via....
    Both the constant 12V and ignition 12V tied to the aux switch group are rated at 10A. For HAM you'd need to use one of the aux switches. They are rated at 40A for switch 1 and 2 and 15A for switch 3 and 4.

Sent via....
    This guy knows his shit.

Sent via....
    Thanks, but I thought if you used any of the wiring that comes with the switch you are limited to only 4 connections one per switch. Am I wrong? if so that gives me one extra for rock lights.

Quote Originally Posted by JL2018 View Post
    Thanks, but I thought if you used any of the wiring that comes with the switch you are limited to only 4 connections one per switch. Am I wrong? if so that gives me one extra for rock lights.
    This waiting sucks. It would be so easy if i could just step outside and look under the hood.

Nothing but a Thing
    Quote Originally Posted by JL2018 View Post
    As part of package there are 4 wires under hood (one for each switch) and 6 wires in interior (one for each switch PLUS a constant 12V hot and an ignition 12V hot).

The extra two were put in interior specifically for things like CBs that you want an easy way to power but don't want to use one of the 4 switches for since the device has its own power switch.

Sent via....

Cool

As part of package there are 4 wires under hood (one for each switch) and 6 wires in interior (one for each switch PLUS a constant 12V hot and an ignition 12V hot).

The extra two were put in interior specifically for things like CBs that you want an easy way to power but don't want to use one of the 4 switches for since the device has its own power switch.

Sent via....
    Wow, Thanks for the info. That eliminates all my lighting concerns....for now. One less thing to think about https://jlwrangler.com/images/icons/icon6.png

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast