JL Wrangler AUXILIARY SWITCHES

13_gecko_rubi

Do you all know how much current each wire can handle? I was wondering if the hot inside can handle the 13 amps required by most ham radios.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
Both the constant 12V and ignition 12V tied to the aux switch group are rated at 10A. For HAM you'd need to use one of the aux switches. They are rated at 40A for switch 1 and 2 and 15A for switch 3 and 4.

Sent via....

JTCO

Meme King
You don't need to waste a switch on cb. There is an ignition hot 12v circuit inside as part of switch package. Wire cb to that. If u don't want it on just turn cb switch off.

Sent via....

Both the constant 12V and ignition 12V tied to the aux switch group are rated at 10A. For HAM you'd need to use one of the aux switches. They are rated at 40A for switch 1 and 2 and 15A for switch 3 and 4.

Sent via....

This guy knows his shit. :thumb:

JL2018

You don't need to waste a switch on cb. There is an ignition hot 12v circuit inside as part of switch package. Wire cb to that. If u don't want it on just turn cb switch off.

Sent via....

Thanks, but I thought if you used any of the wiring that comes with the switch you are limited to only 4 connections one per switch. Am I wrong? if so that gives me one extra for rock lights.

JL2018

Thanks, but I thought if you used any of the wiring that comes with the switch you are limited to only 4 connections one per switch. Am I wrong? if so that gives me one extra for rock lights.

This waiting sucks. It would be so easy if i could just step outside and look under the hood.

13_gecko_rubi

As part of package there are 4 wires under hood (one for each switch) and 6 wires in interior (one for each switch PLUS a constant 12V hot and an ignition 12V hot).

The extra two were put in interior specifically for things like CBs that you want an easy way to power but don't want to use one of the 4 switches for since the device has its own power switch.

Sent via....

JL2018

As part of package there are 4 wires under hood (one for each switch) and 6 wires in interior (one for each switch PLUS a constant 12V hot and an ignition 12V hot).

The extra two were put in interior specifically for things like CBs that you want an easy way to power but don't want to use one of the 4 switches for since the device has its own power switch.

Sent via....

Wow, Thanks for the info. That eliminates all my lighting concerns....for now. One less thing to think about https://jlwrangler.com/images/icons/icon6.png

MrGiant

nice info, thanks for that! I was thinking of how clever jeep would have placed any wires for the switches. this console is a nice feature, clean look and easy installation for a few electrical additions
I am so waiting for the european release :crazyeyes:

Strike Force Zebra

Supporting Advertiser

Sent via....

Sounds like something Central Command gives you!!! Now someone was thinking.[emoji23][emoji23]. Just think, with a Central Command and the package from Jeep....... WOW!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

justin mazzon

I noticed when you order the auxiliary switches they come with a 250 amp alternator and a 700 amp battery (is this a big plus?). Could you jump start the 700 amp battery if it went dead from a regular car battery or from a AAA jump start?

Will1111

Sent via....

Do you know what the orange wire you disconnect from the terminal and reconnect to the provided 2 way connector is for? I damaged the pin terminal and want to see if I could find a crimping tool and pin to replace it.

Thank yiu

13_gecko_rubi

Do you know what the orange wire you disconnect from the terminal and reconnect to the provided 2 way connector is for? I damaged the pin terminal and want to see if I could find a crimping tool and pin to replace it.

Thank yiu
Do you have a picture? Sorry I don't know what you mean

Sent via....