JL Wrangler AUXILIARY SWITCHES

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Because building up a Jeep often means the addition of new accessories such as driving lights, rock lights, air compressors, lockers, winches and just about anything that might need power, a means to operate them all has typically been a part of the build or at least, up until now. Unlike previous Jeeps where the only real way to manage your accessories was to buy an aftermarket switch pod system, the all new JL Wrangler can now be had with an optional auxiliary switch system and right from the factory. With switches located in the lower bank of the instrument panel, you can now operate up to 4 devices and you can even configure them to be latching or momentary, powered by battery or by ignition and even have them hold last state across key cycles.

20171016134849-eb5ecc63.jpg

The JL Wrangler auxiliary switches are connected to a main relay module located under the hood and it comes ready to be connected to with 4 blunt cut wires, a fused battery wire and an ignition wire, all of which extend from the passenger side outboard foot well.

20171016134848-2b2c13c2.jpg

AUX-CHART.jpeg

And, if all that weren't enough, Jeep even goes so far as to provide a small kit containing splices and heat shrink tubes to help make the installation of your electrical accessories that much easier. Of course, configuring your switches is as easy as accessing your Uconnect settings. :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I hope they leave us with more than an inch of slack at the blunt end of the wiring harness. The Fords that come with the pre-wiring is a bitch to get to and wire.

LOL - Right?!! Looking at the photo they provide, I was thinking it'd be difficult to wire anything up to those little stubs of wires :eek:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
BTW, I found out that you will only get these switches IF you order the trailer tow package.

Buster3479

Interesting. I wonder if you get a larger alternator or battery with the trailer tow package? Seems to be an odd requirement.

JL2018

Aux switches question

Pre-planning for my awaited delivery JLU Rubicon.

If I put a set of lights on the winch guard and the lower a pillar. as well as having an air compressor and a cb to wire. that takes up the 4 aux switches. What is the best option for wiring more lights in the future like undercarriage rock lights, side lights etc.? I would hate to have only one switch turn on everything.

OverlanderJL

Resident Smartass

If I put a set of lights on the winch guard and the lower a pillar. as well as having an air compressor and a cb to wire. that takes up the 4 aux switches. What is the best option for wiring more lights in the future like undercarriage rock lights, side lights etc.? I would hate to have only one switch turn on everything.

I would assume most people will still have a set of aux switches much like the previous models. Four is a start but not enough when you start getting aftermarket lockers, lights, compressors and all that jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JL2018

I would assume most people will still have a set of aux switches much like the previous models. Four is a start but not enough when you start getting aftermarket lockers, lights, compressors and all that jazz.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

I'll probably wait until more folks start posting pics of various setups and switch locations. If anyone has don this already, I'd love to see some pics

13_gecko_rubi

You don't need to waste a switch on cb. There is an ignition hot 12v circuit inside as part of switch package. Wire cb to that. If u don't want it on just turn cb switch off.

Sent via....