37's rubbing right control arm

Bundy

Just put on milestar patagonia 37x12.50r17 on the stock rubicon wheels with a 2" mopar lift. In the front it only rubs the right control arm while making right hand turns at full lock. When turning left I do not rub at all.

I'm trying to avoid wheel spacers at the moment because I would prefer for the tires to not stick out past the fenders.

Can I get away with adjusting the steering stop?

Do I do this on both wheels or just one? Is the placement of the bolts the same as a jk, meaning can I follow a writeup/video that was done on a jk? I've been searching, but haven't found anything on how to do it on a JL.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

JTCO

Meme King
If it's anything like the JK, the bolts are on the knuckles. Yes you can adjust just one side. But you'll have reduced turning radius in that direction.

Bundy

If it's anything like the JK, the bolts are on the knuckles. Yes you can adjust just one side. But you'll have reduced turning radius in that direction.
Thanks, and understood about the turning radius. Is this a good picture (from an unnamed source,lol) to use for someone to point out exactly which bolt I'm supposed adjust? There are 3 grouped close together on the back. Is it the bottom bolt, the one that's a little longer?20180205120329-debf2807.jpeg

WiscoHR

Thanks, and understood about the turning radius. Is this a good picture (from an unnamed source,lol) to use for someone to point out exactly which bolt I'm supposed adjust? There are 3 grouped close together on the back. Is it the bottom bolt, the one that's a little longer?View attachment 5738

The steering stop bolt is the one in the picture that is not threaded in all the way. Adjusting it out will give you less turning radius.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WiscoHR

Thanks, and understood about the turning radius. Is this a good picture (from an unnamed source,lol) to use for someone to point out exactly which bolt I'm supposed adjust? There are 3 grouped close together on the back. Is it the bottom bolt, the one that's a little longer?View attachment 5738

The steering stop bolt is the one on the bottom that isn’t threaded in all the way. Adjusting it out will limit the steering.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app