Connecting Lights to Aux Switches??

Cwadle

I was wondering if anyone has wired the rough country 30inch light bar directly to the mopar aux switches?? The system seems to come prepared to be hooked directly to the battery and I’m not quite sure how to wire it to the aux switches. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

WiscoHR

I was wondering if anyone has wired the rough country 30inch light bar directly to the mopar aux switches?? The system seems to come prepared to be hooked directly to the battery and I’m not quite sure how to wire it to the aux switches. Thanks!

The majority of the harness from the light bar is not needed. You just use the 2 wires that connect to the plug on the light. You can get rid of the relay, fuse, battery connections, and wires for the switch they provide.

Then the 2 wires that are left. The red wire connects to the corresponding aux switch wire you want to use. And the black wire connects to one of the body grounds.

mer43

Or... if you need to conserve both high amp fused circuits, you can wire the harness to the battery, and the switch wiring to the underhood aux switch wiring on 3 or 4.