Sway Bar Disconnect systems

BobbyCa

Need some help figuring out which disconnecting system is good for off road and daily driving conditions. I currently driving a JL Unlimited Sport as my daily driver. Been doing some research on basic Quick disconnect systems as well as Currie AntiRock and Teraflex S/T systems. How much roll is there on the AntiRock and is there any on the Teraflex? How much does these sway bars effect everyday driving conditions? Are there any other sway bar disconnect systems I should look for?
Thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Honestly, do yourself a favor and just carry an 18mm socket, wrench and some zip ties. All you need to do is remove the bolts securing the swaybar links to your front axle, rotate them up and zip tie them out of the way. In fact, you can kind of get away by just carrying an 18mm wrench, disconnecting the passenger side link at the axle, rotating it up and zip tying it to the sway bar arm. That alone will get you flexing free and free of charge.

You want to have your factory sway bar as it will give you the stability you want in an emergency maneuver. I have found the antirock to not offer enough resistance in these situations and too much resistance when flexing. Doing a side by side comparison with the antirock vs. disconnected, I found the antirock clearly limited flex. As far as TeraFlex goes, I tend not to recommend their products as they have a long history of their parts failing. Sure, they'll replace it with another China made part but while blaming install error for the failure.

BobbyCa

All makes sense. Thank you
Didn't want to replace my OEM sway bar for something else that seems to have issues.

tallguy26

I had a set of JKS sway bar disconnects on my JK. They were easy to install as they are just end links. But I did have to replace the pull pin on one side after I hit a really stubborn stump. All it did was bend the ring on the pin but I broke it trying to pull it with a pair of pliers.

Sent from my SM-G950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app