JL JOURNAL : Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" Lift Kit INSTALLATION

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As some of you may know, Cindy and I were lucky enough to test out the all new Dynatrac EnduroSport 2" Lift a few months back and based on it, we were able to establish that it's a great kit. It offers a smooth ride, is super stable and while it may not be the tallest lift in the world, it really is a perfect daily driver setup for running 35" tires on a Sport or Sahara or a set of 37's on a Rubicon and for those of you who prefer a nice low center of gravity build. In this episode of the JL JOURNAL, you'll get to see what all you get with this lift and just how easy it is to install.

If you haven't already seen it, click on the link below to watch the video we made of us testing out the Dynatrac EnduroSport:
VIDEO : JL JOURNAL - DYNATRAC EnduroSport JL Wrangler 2" Lift Kit TEST & REVIEW

Also, if you haven't already entered into the Dynatrac EnduroSport Lift Kit GIVEAWAY, the time is NOW! The official GIVEAWAY date will be on Monday, October 1st and to find out more information on how you can WIN, simply click on the link below:
WIN a DYNATRAC JL Wrangler EnduroSport Lift Kit - OCTOBER 1st

Tools You'll Need
• 10, 13, 15, 18, 19, 21, 22, 24mm Sockets & Wrenches
• 1/2, 9/16" Sockets & Wrenches
• 5/16" or 8mm Allen Bit
• Crescent Wrench
• Ratchet
• Ratchet Extension
• Ft. Lb. Torque Wrench - 250 lb. Capacity
• Floor Jack
• Jack Stands
• Wheel Chocks

Tools You May Want to BUY
TEKTON 24340 1/2-Inch Drive Click Torque Wrench
Milwaukee 2767-20 M18 FUEL 1/2" High Torque Impact Wrench
Milwaukee 2457-21 3/8-in Cordless M12 Lithium-Ion Ratchet Kit
TEKTON 1/2-Inch Drive Deep Impact Socket Set - Metric

NOTE: This video is just a highlight of what will need to be done in order to install the Dynatrac EnduroSport Lift on a Jeep JL Wrangler. It is important for you to reference the instructions that Dynatrac provides to ensure complete and proper installation.

NFRs2000NYC

Will definitely be the lift I am going to run, with the added 3/4 inch spacer up front, maybe a 1/2" spacer in the rear to compensate for the tire carrier, full width steel rear, trail rack, etc. I forgot, what did you modify in the ebrake to make things easier? Great video as usual.

StingRubi19

You got me sold of this lift as well along with reviews from other members. Love watching these install videos. I see you teased us with a little clip of testing it out on the Rubicon. I hope to see a full video and review in the near future?? [emoji3]🤞

Sent from my SM-G955U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app

GrayBeard

Once again you have out done your self with your video's. Seeing this install and having had watched the Dynatrac review, I find myself wanting this lift. Oh well, it will be a while before I can do this mod, but something to dream about. Thank You

texasbryan

Perfect timing!

I ordered this lift yesterday based on your recommendation and I can't wait to get it installed. I'm debating whether to install myself or have it done at my local shop.

If I do it myself, this video will be super helpful. I just wish I had a lift in my garage!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Will definitely be the lift I am going to run, with the added 3/4 inch spacer up front, maybe a 1/2" spacer in the rear to compensate for the tire carrier, full width steel rear, trail rack, etc. I forgot, what did you modify in the ebrake to make things easier? Great video as usual.

Did you not watch the Rancho lift install video? :idontknow: If not, give it a look :yup:
That being said, I'm not 100% sure I'd recommend it for a small lift like this. It'll make your e-brake useless.

You got me sold of this lift as well along with reviews from other members. Love watching these install videos. I see you teased us with a little clip of testing it out on the Rubicon. I hope to see a full video and review in the near future?? [emoji3]🤞

Oh yeah, we're working on a Rubicon video but they tend to take a lot more time to make. Needless to say, we'll be peppering in other videos until we finish it. :cool:

Nice video. Looks like a really well-designed kit.

Thanks! It really is a great daily driver kit for 35" tires or a low COG Rubicon build running 37's.

Once again you have out done your self with your video's. Seeing this install and having had watched the Dynatrac review, I find myself wanting this lift. Oh well, it will be a while before I can do this mod, but something to dream about. Thank You

Glad we could be of help :cool:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome vid. Thank you for doing this! Makes me want to pull out my credit card now!

Glad you liked the video.

Looks like a great kit! Can’t wait to see more Rubicon footage!!!!

It may be a bit but we're working on the video now :)

I ordered this lift yesterday based on your recommendation and I can't wait to get it installed. I'm debating whether to install myself or have it done at my local shop.

If I do it myself, this video will be super helpful. I just wish I had a lift in my garage!

Oh, by all means, if you're contemplating it, you should definitely do the install yourself. :thumb:

Great video - you make the install look too easy!

LOL!! In a lot of ways, it really is that easy. If you follow this video, I think you'd find it to be true for you as well :yup:

Thanks for doing the video.

You bet :)

Bernard

Great video. Thanks a lot!

Any thoughts regarding the same-length springs?

I see it as the main design difference, between this kit and all the others...

Bernard

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video. Thanks a lot!

Any thoughts regarding the same-length springs?

I see it as the main design difference, between this kit and all the others...

Bernard

What I can tell you is that from the factory, our JL had a visible driver side lean and looking at the factory coils, it's clear as day as to why that is - the passenger side coils are TALLER. I can't speak for all the other lifts out there but from what I've seen with the Rancho coils we've tested out, ones that are also taller on the passenger side, we still had a slight driver side lean with them. So far, I am not seeing a lean with these Dynatrac coils to the passenger side or otherwise. If one exists, it certainly isn't as noticeable.

tobyw

Great stuff, as always. Quick question though: have you spent any time in a JLU with the MOPAR lift system? Any comment on how it compares to the Dynatrac system? Just curious as they both use replacement coils and "tuned" FOX shocks... Thanks for any input!

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Nice video Cindy and Eddie! I like that the coils are the same height.

So how does it ride compared to the rancho kit? Did you notice any rear end sag when loaded up for the rubicon? If so was it enough to make you want to pull the front spacers out?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great stuff, as always. Quick question though: have you spent any time in a JLU with the MOPAR lift system? Any comment on how it compares to the Dynatrac system? Just curious as they both use replacement coils and "tuned" FOX shocks... Thanks for any input!

I have found that the Mopar kit yields closer to 3" of lift whereas the Dynatrac offers a true 2" of lift. I think it is because of this, the Mopar kit suffers from the spring bowing that you see. Ride quality is nice on both kit but for me personally, I feel that the Dynatrac kit feels more stable and has better handling. Of course, this could be in large part due to the lower stance and steering/suspension geometry being closer to stock.

Nice video Cindy and Eddie! I like that the coils are the same height.

So how does it ride compared to the rancho kit? Did you notice any rear end sag when loaded up for the rubicon? If so was it enough to make you want to pull the front spacers out?

Without question, I personally feel that the Dynatrac kit has an overall nicer ride. Of course, they spent a lot of time developing their spring rate to work with the specially tuned Fox 2.0's they offer with their kit. That being said, the Rancho lift does a better job of holding up the kind of load that we were carrying with us on the Rubicon and because of their progressive rate coils. If anything, the sag we were seeing was enough to make me want to run coil spacers in the rear to help make up the difference.

CanadaJeep

Caught the Bug
thanks again for posting theses thing up. I like to see what I'm getting into before I start. Defiantly will help with the install, I'm defiantly going with the dynatrac lift. It is everything that I need for my JL . Daily driver and going to 315's / 35's. thanks again and keep up the great work that you two do .

Cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have found that the Mopar kit yields closer to 3" of lift whereas the Dynatrac offers a true 2" of lift. I think it is because of this, the Mopar kit suffers from the spring bowing that you see. Ride quality is nice on both kit but for me personally, I feel that the Dynatrac kit feels more stable and has better handling. Of course, this could be in large part due to the lower stance and steering/suspension geometry being closer to stock.

Without question, I personally feel that the Dynatrac kit has an overall nicer ride. Of course, they spent a lot of time developing their spring rate to work with the specially tuned Fox 2.0's they offer with their kit. That being said, the Rancho lift does a better job of holding up the kind of load that we were carrying with us on the Rubicon and because of their progressive rate coils. If anything, the sag we were seeing was enough to make me want to run coil spacers in the rear to help make up the difference.

Interesting. How much do you think you need to add to the rear to have it sitting where you like? 1/2”? 3/4”?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
thanks again for posting theses thing up. I like to see what I'm getting into before I start. Defiantly will help with the install, I'm defiantly going with the dynatrac lift. It is everything that I need for my JL . Daily driver and going to 315's / 35's. thanks again and keep up the great work that you two do .

Glad to hear our videos have been helpful to you :)

Interesting. How much do you think you need to add to the rear to have it sitting where you like? 1/2”? 3/4”?

Hard to say. 1/2" at the very least but for all the gear we carry on a trip like this, probably 3/4". With doors and a hard top on, 3/4" for sure. That would leave us sitting a bit ass high when unloaded but would keep us more level when fully loaded.