Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jlu rubi with 37s and a manual transmission

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by gonefirefighting View Post
    I have a couple thousand miles on my 6spd JLU with true 37" meats and really havent seen a need yet to crack open the diffs. My 6th gear is only used on the flats and works fine in the 18-20 mpg range and I still have a very nice crawl ratio in 4L. I will however swap out the gearing when I go to 40"s

Hi, Iím going to be doing the same and also have a MT,, any insights on how it performs off-road ?

Quote Originally Posted by OBJLU View Post
    Hi, Iím going to be doing the same and also have a MT,, any insights on how it performs off-road ?
    I can't speak on this manual tranny as I have an Automatic, but I have a JLUR with 37s and its awesome off road. So I must assume the MT is as good or better. I prefer the MTs, which I have driven for 40+ years of owning Jeeps, but my wanted to be able to drive the Jeep, so this is my 2nd Automatic Jeep.

Sent from my SM-N950U using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    2018 Jeep JLUR, Granite Crystal Metallic, Automatic, 2" Mopar Suspension Lift, 37x12x17 Toyo Open Country R/T Tires.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickagomez81 View Post
    Howdy everyone, I used the search and couldn’t find what I’m looking for so I thought id ask. Im looking to get the JLU Rubi in a manual transmission, I will be putting 37s and would like to know if this pulls as good as everyone says the automatic does? All I seem to find is info on the auto.

Sent from my iPhone using JL Wrangler Jeep Forum mobile app
    Like others have said..see how you like the feel of the 4.10's and 37's. I went 5.13's for mine and it'll idle 2mph in 1st gear up a hill in traffic! Although 1st gear is officially a granny gear now lol. You'll be shifting before you even get close to crossing an intersection. I can let the clutch out without even tapping the gas in 1st starting off..its great.

Fresh Catch
    Quote Originally Posted by silverbullet88 View Post
    Like others have said..see how you like the feel of the 4.10's and 37's. I went 5.13's for mine and it'll idle 2mph in 1st gear up a hill in traffic! Although 1st gear is officially a granny gear now lol. You'll be shifting before you even get close to crossing an intersection. I can let the clutch out without even tapping the gas in 1st starting off..its great.
    What's MPG like compared to the 4.10, I was going to go with 4.88 but I'm thinking maybe 5.13 is the ticket.

Caught the Bug
    Quote Originally Posted by OBJLU View Post
    What's MPG like compared to the 4.10, I was going to go with 4.88 but I'm thinking maybe 5.13 is the ticket.
    I actually went from 3.45's and 35's to 5.13's and 37's so I can't compare those. I get about 15mpg mix of city/ highway. Recently did a 700 mile road trip and got around 16mpg..for a portion of the trip. Mpg will go up a bit once summer gas is back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12